Front windows mind of its own

murat

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
jesse
Drive
magna mitsubishi
This happened Couple days ago i had my front windows down when i closed both windows ,about 15 seconds later they both wound them self down about half way down and both front windows where the same cant work out why

I know they have a sensor like if an object is in the way when the window is closing and detects it window goes down i had the remote in my hand i think i hit both buttons the same time

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
My passenger side window has always done this. Just always put up with it.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
The windows have a jam sensor, yes. The problem your having is that the mechanism holding the windows is old and getting loose, so the glass doesn't slide as effectively in the tracks and sticks slightly. The sensors think that there's something in the way of the window and sends them back down half way. It's also affected by wind pressure, usually when driving over 80 km/h. The easiest fix apparently is some graphite powder in the window tracks, but it's messy and I've been lazy, so I put up with it :p

murat

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
jesse
Drive
magna mitsubishi
Nice i thought it was a bigger problem than that always happy to find a easy fix appreciate it would nt have know otherwise i think thats way we upload issues on forums hey

Top Bottom