Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I'm starting to notice a increase of KM's per tank after about 4 full tanks of 98 originally getting 330km, last time i got 370 thats average driving with occasional boosting

G

Unregistered
Im getting about 440-450 per full tank... Thats with an aftermarket K&N filter... Im sure it will get a lot worse when the exhaust goes on next week. :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
440-450?!?! Far out, I'm lucky to get 300so far, but then I do have a shitty set of O2 sensors.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I had a 0.5l/100km reduction in fuel usage when I got my exhaust system - note that it is a lot harder to control yourself with an exhaust system, especially when going through tunnels!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Average city driving has been returning ~370 kms for just above 40 l of the BP high octane stuff for me. I think i could get 450 odd ks per tank if i tried.

But as could be expected, any sustained boostage does munch the fuel (100 kms of hills driving used almost half a tank the other day :p)

G

Unregistered
So just how big is the fuel tank? 50L?

Driving from Melb to Sydney 2 people and 4 extra rim's and tyres in the boot.
First tank 334.6 KM's 35.92L 11.2L per 100km's
Second tank 345KM's 38.87L 10.7L per 100km's
This is all highway drving by the way.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
thought tank's 55ltr? but i saw a brochure somewhere that it says 60ltr.. i've never filled up my tank that much..

also been making 400kms per tank.. so i've been good.. that's city & highway and a bit of flooring involved..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The tank is 60 litres, but the fuel gauge makes it look like it is empty at about the 50 litre mark.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
well, driving home yesterday, a lot of boosting involved (what else, i just got the damn thing :D...) , and the feul light just came on, with the trip measuring in at 411kms....so i'm happy with that ....

G

Unregistered
The tank is 60 litres, but the fuel gauge makes it look like it is empty at about the 50 litre mark.

it's so when you approach "empty" you still have a buffer before you actually stall with no fuel.

my skyline had a 68L tank, and the fuel light came on at 50L... i could get another 100km+ after the light came on, and still have spare fuel :p

i got 460km to a tank a few weeks ago, with a drive about 100km out of perth, but it was fairly 'spirited' :p

usually get around high 300's though on BP Ultimate, and i'm trying Caltex Vortex 98 now

G

Unregistered
Holy crap my tank still hasn't done over 300kms to the empty light ... Why is mine chewing so much fuel ... I haven't been driving it hard at all. I'm running BP ultimate with no mods ... (yet)

G

Unregistered
the first tank of fuel i put in, i added a bottle of injector cleaner too..
god knows what things block up when cars it on the docks/compliance, etc for so long.. i know my torque converter seal has started to leak now too :(

this tank of Vortex 98 should see me get about 400km for the tank too.. so maybe give that a go paul.

i'm having a SAFC fitted soon too, hopefully should be able to tweak a few more km's out of it too.

G

Unregistered
Hmmm good idea mitcho ... I got my import 20valve 4age carbon cleaned for that exact same reason ... should have thought of that ... I'll grab some tomoz ...

G

Unregistered
Ok chucked in some BP ultimate 98 + Injector cleaner ... will let this tank run then test the km's again ... :)

Top Bottom