Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

Delbut

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Drew
Drive
Trigger Mauve VR4 Legnum
My fuel consumption is crap! 250kms per tank arond town and no, there is no heavy feet involved!!

Also, power too is poor! 114awkw

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
My fuel consumption is crap! 250kms per tank arond town and no, there is no heavy feet involved!!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Drew how many litres did it take after you filled it back up from "empty"?Any details on mods, k's condition etc ? Also, is it an auto? 114kw does sound pretty low, but you can't allways rely on dyno's

Delbut

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Drew
Drive
Trigger Mauve VR4 Legnum
Cheers tevor,

Its a 2002, auto and is totally standard, with 91500kms on the clock.

It gets all work done on it by Neal Lowe Motorsport, who i trust. Had mega service about 10k kms ago with oil & filter every 5k kms. He ran it up on the dyno and got the figures also the lambda reading was with parameters. I never asked him to go indepth with the excessive fuel and low power analysis.

thanks

Delbut

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Drew
Drive
Trigger Mauve VR4 Legnum
Sorry, should have said is was around 45litres i put back in

Thanks Trevor, much appreciated

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Try injector cleaner.... Dropped my consumption in the white car 1.5L/100km on a trip from 11.5 to 10

May possibly be your O2 sensor as well

And i have always got crap consumtion out of the auto round town, even driving it like a granny... ALWAYS :)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Ouch, that is pretty bad 18lt / 100k. From what i read though, these cars a so different on an individual basis its scary! All anyone can do is just do all the things you have done ( + maybe the O2 sensor ) maybe look at a fuel controller and hope for the best. Mine makes 142awkw @7psi with the SAFCII and even though the tuner was able to take out a heck of a lot of fuel throughout the mid to top end it only made a slight difference to a "tanks" worth of fuel

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hmmm I get about 350 - 375km with a series 1 auto round town driving....I am pretty heavily moded up and run a Haltech but I do have a dyno result of 165kw

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Do the usual things.
1. Carbon Clean
2. Injector cleaner in the next couple of tanks
3. Air Filter
4. check your plugs
5. tighten your intercooler and vac hoses
6. replace 02 sensor.
7. reset your ECU.
8. get a Front Mount Intercooler. (suggestion)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

G

Unregistered
i filled up on saturday after picking up the car after returning from 8 weeks on holiday and the car not being driven...2 days later and after doing only 209kms i had to fill up again LOL!

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
i filled up on saturday after picking up the car after returning from 8 weeks on holiday and the car not being driven...2 days later and after doing only 209kms i had to fill up again LOL!

Faaarrrrrkkkkk!
No smells of petrol and puddles at the rear was there. Damn that's bad.

G

Unregistered
On my roadtrip to Forster over New years, i got 550km to a tank (around about 53L) with 4 people and a full load of luggage! Rather decent i thought!

Around town, i probably only get about 300-350km out of about 50L. Doesn't make much of a difference if i drive like a 75yr old Asian (no offence, but they are the worst drivers!!) or with a bit of enthusiasm.

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
Ive given up worrying about my fuel consumption figures, it was starting to annoy and frustrate me. All i do now is put fuel in when the needle get to near the E!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Ive given up worrying about my fuel consumption figures, it was starting to annoy and frustrate me. All i do now is put fuel in when the needle get to near the E!

Haha I was the same

You would have thought though, that I'd have saved alot of money having my car off the road for 2 months.. But fuel turns in to Alcohol in that period :ROFLMAO:

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
10-11 HWY KM and thats on 95 octane as my step dad is a tight ass :)

I must be lucky

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
my cars been off the road almost 2 months - is there going to be a problem with my half a tank of fuel still in the car when its going again?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
my cars been off the road almost 2 months - is there going to be a problem with my half a tank of fuel still in the car when its going again?
Hey Josh, be sure to fill up with fresh 98RON once you get your car back on the road.
The fuel in your tank would have expired by now. If you drive with fuel past it's used by date, you'll get pinging and risk detonation if you drive it for too long.
My old car was off the road for three months while i was doing the engine conversion. It still had half a tank in there, but once i got the car running, having expired fuel in there was causing the car to ping badly on the first day i picked it up.
I filled the tank up to full with fresh, high octane fuel and all pinging had disappeared and the car ran very well.

Top Bottom