Fuel cradle retrofit to an8 and an6

Dan Bloomfield

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Daniel
Drive
Vr4 legnum
Finally got round to my fuel cradle retrofit to an8 feed line and an6 return definitely a tight fit had to move a few things around eg the pump mount as far over to the side as it could go, fit a weld on an8 bung, tack in a few C shape plates to create a flat surface or the bulkhead fittings.
then spent a few hours fabricating a working venturi pump literally by hand out of an8 an6 an4 hardline and the nipple off my factory fuel reg as the jet
IMG_20200415_120827.jpg

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Take it you arw doing some sort of big intake pump. Because the -6 SAE is more than big enough with a intake walboro to flow big fuel at 0psi up to a surge tank.

Dan Bloomfield

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Daniel
Drive
Vr4 legnum
Take it you arw doing some sort of big intake pump. Because the -6 SAE is more than big enough with a intake walboro to flow big fuel at 0psi up to a surge tank.
Got a big intank lift pump to 1/2" hardline following stock location until the fire wall then a inline pump that splits of to two 3/8 (an6) lines to fuel rail.. Not running a external surge, designed a internal that's why I went straight to a an8 fitting from the cradle

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Figured as much.
I did the whole -AN bulkheads on the cradle. More hassle than its worth if your running a surge. But keen to see how your setup turns out

Dan Bloomfield

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Daniel
Drive
Vr4 legnum
Figured as much.
I did the whole -AN bulkheads on the cradle. More hassle than its worth if your running a surge. But keen to see how your setup turns out
My bulkheads are also on the on/pass through the cradle, have a wrx/sti pump controller for each pump and the intank surge should work if my math for weight/psi of a full tank of gas is correct. Basically a L shaped reservoir
attached to the cradle capable of holding 2-2.5l kept filled via the return and venturi pump.
The math comes in to it with check valves I've got two on the way 1 opens a 0.145psi and the other opens 0.250psi esentually gravity feeding the reservoir with the weight of the gas in the tank.. Works on paper just not 100 if it will in practice

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
One way to find out. Im just too lazy for that shit so bought a Radium twin pump fuel surge tank to mount in the engine bay and just use the factory hangar as a low pressure feed, and leave the stock venturi / siphon to move fuel across the saddle tank of the surge tank return line.

Dan Bloomfield

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Daniel
Drive
Vr4 legnum
One way to find out. Im just too lazy for that shit so bought a Radium twin pump fuel surge tank to mount in the engine bay and just use the factory hangar as a low pressure feed, and leave the stock venturi / siphon to move fuel across the saddle tank of the surge tank return line.
engine bay surgetank that's pretty sic.. Do you know if a oil cooler used as a fuel cooler would get or need a cert

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
A little stuck guys in the old man's Magna.
Went to change his fuel filter, PINA, that front quick connect is diabolical.
The lock retainer that came out has 4 barbs but the new z528 has a circular retainer with only 2 barbs and much longer. In addition to this 2 o rings fell out about the size of our injector top rings.
Has anybody seen this before, or know where to get a 4 prong retainer?

Thanks in advance as I'm absolutely stumped.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Any reason you went with the z528?

Z639 is identical to the OEM filter.

No retainers or o rings required. inlet is the quick release, outlet is flare.

I can disconnect mine and take photos if needed that helps?

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Oh, it's what I found online as compatible. The same number filter came out of it.
The only other time I've seen a 4 prong retainer was I think in a vt commodore.
I'll look up the 639 and see if I can get one retail now that we've been unleashed.

This will save me a heap of mucking around, hopefully the 4 prong clip is still good.
Thanks so much BCX!

Top Bottom