Fuel Pump Relay

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Can some please tell me exactly what to look for behind the dash for the second fuel pump relay as I'm having trouble finding it.

I checked my voltage at the fuel pump feed & it was dead as a door nail so I hot wired the pump so I could get my car back home. I checked the relay on the firewall its all good hence my issue the problem has to be at the second relay nut I can't find it.

Please help...

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Thanks Kat, found it, actually shown on that screen shot as 14916.

Anyway I still have dramas I checked all relays, all seem to check out but still no action from my pump when the ignition is turned on.

I actually ran out of fuel yesterday on my way to the servo (darn gauge is wrong since I got my new pump put in) & I don't know if its a safety thing put in place to protect the pump but it hasn't worked since I ran out of fuel. Hence my hotwire solution to get me out of a bind.

Has anyone heard of something like this before in any other car model even. It just seems so strange that it won't supply voltage after I've run out of fuel. My last ditch effort will be to try to fill the tank up & if there is some "safety" switch so to speak hopefully a fuel tank of juice will reset it.

But in the meantime I'd love some ideas ppls.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
How much fuel did you have in it? It's fairly common for some cars to not crank over when given a little emergency jerry can of fuel, they need 10L or more before they'll start. I've seen it happen on a Kia and a Ford in the past.

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Thought I'd better finalise this thread.

The problem in the end turned out to be due to some dodgy soldering on behalf of whoever installed the Alarm system in the car. Because of this poor connection it stopped the electrics to the fuel pump hence my issue. It just so happend it reared its head at exactly the same time I was quite low on fuel.

Anyway a sneaky hot wire to the fuel pump from the cigarette lighter saved me some tow truck hassle:D. But that was such an annoying thing to happen just after I got the major service done & a new fuel pump installed.:eek:hmy:

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
14918 if I unplug this will it take the pressure out the system? Is it the fuel pump relay?? Any help please cheers:)

Top Bottom