WA Fuelling Problems?

Brenton Anderson

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brenton
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S Manaul
I'm running a 1997 vr4 Legnum

I had the fuel pump fail on me, after replacing it with the recommended Goss, the car is having a few issues.

I thought at first I had messed up the seal between the pump and the housing by having a dicky o-ring or something along those lines, however I checked and thats fine.

The symptoms only make themselves apparent under low load conditions between 1.2-2.8k revs. The engine runs smooth at idle and under acceleration it transitions throughout the entire rev range without any issues.

The engine stutters under the low load conditions but doesn't stall and is worst when taking off from the lights. I'm not sure which direction to look next and thought someone on here might've had a similar experience. As it stands I haven't changed the fuel filter since the old pump stopped, as if it was clogged I would expect it to make itself apparent under high load conditions instead.

Brenton Anderson

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brenton
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S Manaul
About a year and a half ago, so 15,000 kms, the coils and leads haven't been changed since I got the vehicle if memory serves

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
remove plugs from cylinder 4 and 6.. see what it looks like

and go from there..

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
Non stock fuel pump may draw a different amount of current. At low load a resistor is switched in line with the pump to drop the voltage, the value of the resistor may not suit the new pump. Also I have had the relay that does that switching fail so it's worth checking. It's on the firewall.

Top Bottom