Furious - Workshop Negligence

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah pretty standard multi-stud configuration. I've had wheels like that without a problem.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I know what they're for, what I'm saying is they look to be rather munted from the spanner monkeys fucking up a simple wheel change.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
UPDATE:

The matter was concluded today, originally, after telling me to fix all the nuts myself and bring the car in, they had the car for a week (inc weekend) while they sent the wheels off to Depulu Wheels for repairs and full refurbish (gutter rash etc) and they came back looking brand new (hopefully structurally sound too, but Depulu has a pretty good name)

However, after being without a car for a week and the safety issue of what happened in the first place, it wasn't really good enough.
We ended up reaching an agreement where they would do some labour on stuff that needed doing originally, if I supplied the parts.

So today I took the car back and got the rear shocks replaced with a set of Koni Sport adjustable dampers (from mitsfix) and the RHS rack and tie rod ends of the steering (from Amayama), the work was done for the cost of the wheel alignment.

Overall I am happy with the outcome, I did check the rear wheel nuts before driving off though, they wouldn't remove the front ones for the steering rack would they?... :p

I won't be naming the company on here, as they have done everything they could to make it right.

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
put it on here so you can tell them that they better give all of us a discount too...

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
It sounds like the went out of there way to make it right so you have to give them credit for that .But good on you for demanding that result.

David-777

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
1998 VR4 Manual
Laughed when I saw the pics, though in all seriousness that could have killed you. Some extra labour isn't worth your life.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
David, I don't think that's a fair statement - his life is in tact, and they took a loss to resolve the issue, plus provided some free services as an apology for the lost time. Seems a very fair resolution to me, I'd have been happy with that result.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
David, I don't think that's a fair statement - his life is in tact, and they took a loss to resolve the issue, plus provided some free services as an apology for the lost time. Seems a very fair resolution to me, I'd have been happy with that result.

I think David was referring to the fact of incompetence in the first place could have killed som1, all for the sake of a little extra time to do it right in the first place. As they say its too late closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

David-777

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
1998 VR4 Manual
That's exactly what I meant. How many people would have checked their wheel? In any normal driving,situation, if your wheels comes off you'd be lucky to live. Lets not even start about possibly having family in the car.

Top Bottom