SA G’day!

Yenssen

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2006 Honda Civic
Hi all, I’ve been lurking here for some time now in an effort to help me decide what car to get next.

Currently driving my first car, a very basic ‘05 Civic which has served well but not entertained much

Keen to learn more about Galants in particular, so if anyone in SA has time or advice, happy to hear it.

Thanks!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum, Andrew.

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
Welcome to the forum Andrew! So much good reading.
Most of us SA guys also hang out and chat on "S.A VR4 8th Gen Owners" facebook page so join up to that one too mate.
Glenn

Parko

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Auto Legnum Type-S Face-lift
Welcome to the forum Andrew! So much good reading.
Most of us SA guys also hang out and chat on "S.A VR4 8th Gen Owners" facebook page so join up to that one too mate.
Glenn

If you join the SA VR4 page, you'll quickly learn that FL Legnum > PFL Legnum/Galant, bonus points if it's white.

Also dont listen to Karl, he's just jealous.

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
Hahaha gold! Lol
Welcome to the VR4 community :)
This car seems to attract pretty much good people.

The one word of warning I can give if you're considering buying, is they are not cheap cars to own. It's not that the parts are really too expensive, it's more just time consuming to work on because there is a lot of technology packed into a relatively small engine bay, so unless you want to always pay someone (and usually a mechanic who you trust) you've got to do the jobs you can. This is where the forum can be so valuable. Otherwise you're always paying labour for mechanics to spend a lot of time fucking around to get parts off to get to other parts etc. Plus there is a lot of drivetrain.
They're not horrendously expensive (like a Honda S2000 :banghead:), just not cheap cheap.
But then again, they are awesome af cars (y)

Parko

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Auto Legnum Type-S Face-lift
Two work shops I can recommend in SA, Driven Motorsport for north, and R&D Mechanical down south.

Both have lots of experience with the Legnum/Galant platform, as well as Evo's and other performance and import vehicles.

Usually I'd go to Driven as I'm north, but I tried out R&D for a minor and visual inspection on Wednesday, thoroughly impressed at their customer service and level of detail and care.

Top Bottom