Galant GC/GD resources?

G

Unregistered
Chaps,

Sat in my garage is a 1976 Colt Galant 1600 Hardtop Coupe - Pretty much the same as your Chrysler GC/GD Galants of the same era, if not identical. Here's a picture from when it landed with me, resplendent in it's rotten glory. what this picture doesn't show is the nice patina of mud and straw that was on the inside... Oh and the yawning gaps that were waiting for me beneath the vinyl roof.....oh, and the dirty great repair plates on the inner wings that had been welded straight over the rotten originals.... Oh, and the busted 4G32 under the bonnet.... You gotta love 'Barn Finds'.....:)

Anyway - I'm currently stitching the poor thing back together. Considering its age it's remarkably well preserved, but finding some spares is a challenge - Less than 2000 were sold in the UK - making rocking horse poo slightly more common. I know you guys over there have a fair few of these knocking about still - do any of you know of any clubs or resources that I'll find useful?

Ta!

Attachments

• DSC03573.jpg
    DSC03573.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 22

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I don't know of any websites that could help you out, most of the early models popular in Australia are Datsun 1600's and Mazda Rotaries, the early Galants are very common here either.

A few years ago there was a bloke running around locally in a galant wagon similar in a similar colour to yours. It was the fastest galant in the world at the time with a turboed 2.6 that was into the 9's from memory. I am not sure what happened to it though.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
If you were after the previous shape (GA/GB) then i could help you. The GC/GD didn't really appeal to me.

Scott

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
DSC_1754.jpg

heathcote_03_063_003b[1].jpg

DSC03222.jpg

650 hp 2.6 astron

9.72 at 134mph

:D

G

Unregistered
Hubba Hubba!!! I don't think I'll *quite* go to that extreme though!!:D

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hey Kieren, I have a GC Coupe in the shed as my one true love, lol
They only released 1200 to Australia so they are prolly rearer here than they are there. And yes parts are very VERY hard to come by.
Would be interested in seeing some more pics of yours as I didn't realise they were available in the UK. Do they have the same tail lights and grill, as the US ones didn't??
This is mine finished, ATM it is a white one owner stocker. :(
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee271/Galant_GTO/StripeGallylowered.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee271/Galant_GTO/StripeGally.jpg

This one just kicks ass, I am in love with it XXX
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee271/Galant_GTO/GTOmaroon.jpg

G

Unregistered
hey kieran
this is my galant
2007_0921cars0304.jpg
im in the middle of restorinjg it. try this site http://www.sigma-galant.com/ there are people on there that have galants as well and they know what there talking about

G

Unregistered
Hey Boyracer - Thanks for the link!! Your coupe looks identical to mine, It even looks like you're at a similar stage in your resto, though your roof's in much better shape - The curse of the vinyl roof!!

How did you get the decals off the c pillars? When I was looking at them they're riveted in on my car.... did you end up drilling the rivets out?:eek:

G

Unregistered
Mine just clipped in, no rivets or any thing like that. ill get some pictures for you if you would like?

cheers

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hey Dave, I really REALLY could use a crash pad and a drivers door :D
What are the odds you got something like that hanging around??

G

Unregistered
I know this is a long shot, but my rear light panel has rusted out and im in desperate need of 1. If your going cut it up ill be interested in the panel.:D

Here is a picture of the problem
475.jpg

cheers

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
lol, your rear panel looks like the top of my drivers door once i removed the chrome trim.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I am thinking of selling my Coupe to further fund my race car, anyone know what they are worth these days??
I know everthing is worth what someone will pay, but I reckon its gotta be worth $1500??
I am second owner, complete, running plus good spares, inc. Copper head gasket for 2.6 :D

G

Unregistered
I can't sell the complete door but I could probably sell the dash crash pad and anything in the crash pad if you want it.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
hey i dunno if this helps but i noticed a 76 galant on ebay for $100 i don't know if it's the one ur looking for but i thought it might worth a look, just search for galant n it should come up, it looks pretty complete for a car of it's age

Top Bottom