Galant VR4 Manual vs BMW 135i TwinTurbo

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Mucked around with one on the way to work several times. When the weather was cold i had him by a few lengths, when it was warm/hot, it was pretty much even.

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
wow thought the lighter turbo 6 would chop the leggy

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I'm guessing the VR-4 isn't stock, because in standard form, a 135i should have no troubles walking away from a VR-4.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Good call!

I was at work, couldn't watch the vid, so assumed that the VR-4 got the nod (how many people post up vids of their car getting caned as opposed to doing the caning? Lol!).

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
but that is a much newer 3.5L turbo bmw no?

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
no dont think it ever went to 3.5L, only updated from small twins to bigger single later in range. Bit like my single vvti soarer

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
very interesting it is quite similar to a 2j. Even output despite the 20 year difference.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Think you would probably find it uses less fuel and create less emissions then a 2j and the torque/power would be available earlier in the rev range. This is only a guess, surely some progress has been made in the last 20 years

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
Chris is right. Can't argue with 400nm from 1,300rpm - that's peak torque just off idle!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Only once it spools up it's available at 1300RPM.... It's a twin scroll so it works quite well and even if the 1300RPM figure is real but not real it'd crap all over a 2J down low

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Still.....2j owns. Especially for stock internal potential considering it's year of manufacture

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
only downfall of the 6A13TT are the conrods and turbo's if mitsubishi stuck with thicker rods and maybe TD04-09G/T's... drivers would think that it's the devil's car... lol..

Top Bottom