- Tiptronic automatic.
- 160,066 kms.
- Dynoed at 170kw at all 4 wheels.

Engine Upgrades
- 2.5" mild steel cat back exhaust.
- 2.5" high flow cat and 18" resonator.
- 3" Apexi N1 muffler.
- Walbro 500hp fuel pump.
- TME 3-port electronic boost controller + ECU remap/dyno tune.
- Front mount intercooler + hard piping kit.
- Jaycar digital battery terminals.
- K&N Rampod high flow air filter.
- Python paging car alarm + immobiliser.
- Golpher aluminium radiator.
- Evo 8 MR BOV.

Brake/Suspension/Wheels Upgrades
- Evo 8 Brembo brakes (rebuilt and repainted).
- Braided brake lines.
- Nissan R34 GTR wheels (18x9 +30). Centres bored out to fit a Mitsubishi hub.
- Maxxis MA-V1 tyres (235/40/18). Near new.
- ISC N1 coilovers (10/6).
- Front and rear guards rolled and inner lips trimmed. No scrubbing.

Exterior Upgrades
- Custom made retrofit projector low-beam headlights.
- 6000K HID headlight conversion (low beam, high beam and fog lights).
- Clear front indicators.
- Clear side indicators.
- LED parkers.
- 35% window tint.
- Frameless wipers (front and rear).
- BMW M5 style rear lip spoiler.
- Pre facelift grill (better air flow).
- Roof wrapped in gloss black 3M vinyl.

Interior/Stereo Upgrades
- Venom boost gauge (colour coded to the factor dash lights).
- Custom made interior floor mats with VR4 logo.
- JVC flip out touch screen head unit (DVD).
- Boot, wheel well, doors and rear seat sound deadened.

A bit of history on the car.
I'm the first and only owner in Australia. It was imported and complied in early 2009. I was very picky with what I wanted, and waited until I found the perfect example of a pearl white facelift VR4 in the Japanese auctions. When this was imported, it had 80,000kms and was immaculate. I originally purchased the car for $14,000 completely stock. I have spent at least another $14k over the years on upgrades.
This is such an awesome and fun car to drive. I get compliments and looks everywhere I go, usually from people trying to figure out what it is. Being a V6, there is plenty of torque and no turbo lag. The power is spot on and pulls strong up to top speed with no flat spots. It handles like it’s on rails due to being AWD and the AYC diff. It stops on a dime thanks to the Brembos. Despite all this, it’s still comfortable to drive and such a nice car to be in, regardless of where you’re going. It’s the perfect blend of stealth commuter and race-car when you want it to be.

I wanted a VR4 as it ticked all the right boxes for me. Great factory performance, understated, comfortable, looked ahead of its time, and was cheap and reliable to maintain. It has lived up to my expectations, which is why I've happily owned it for the last 8 years. It has been a great and reliable car, only spending money on regular services and modifications.

I have the full service history of the car, including the original Japanese compliance paperwork. The car has always been regularly serviced by Driven Motorsport. The last service was done 500kms ago. Nothing on the car needs attention and the last service notes only say that the rear brake pads will be getting low soon.
The car has just ticked over 160,000kms. I live very close to my work and ride my bike most days, so I’ve done very few kilometres over the years. On average I do 10,000kms a year and have 2 regular services annually.
The car has never been in an accident or undergone any major mechanical work like engine or transmission replacements. This has been the most reliable car I’ve owned.
I still have a lot of the stock parts, including suspension, spoiler and grill.

$13,000 or near offer.

F6iaJgR.jpg

1nRmZRH.jpg

x4oDp3X.jpg

gaKV1wE.jpg

PCrodR0.jpg

cXXdw2V.jpg

vd4eRUV.jpg

OMWU7oY.jpg

mn0NItv.jpg

UfWw2kc.jpg

cAQm7pc.jpg

NGkUhF6.jpg

zUWv3QV.jpg

KawBHmh.jpg

0NYT7FJ.jpg

CqidAdJ.jpg

iWPnp6F.jpg

GAoVeJj.jpg

Az52yZN.jpg

G

Unregistered
One of the (almost) foundation cars/members. Sad day :(

Best of luck with the sale - hope it genuinely goes to someone who leaves it alone and just loves it as much as you do/did.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Thanks mate. From the interest I've had so far, it looks like people know what they're getting and are interested due to the tasteful mods. Hopefully it stays that way, like you've said.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Haha. What number is he up to now? Would be happy for it to go to Pauly. Mates rates.

G

Unregistered
Even I would be happy to have this as my daily - but alas I'm not in a position to need one :( Would make number 4...

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Thanks, me too. I offered it to Ben (who got his VR4 stolen and written off) for a discounted price. I think he's thinking about it after taking it for a test drive.

Also, price drop to $12,000 ono.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Had a guy lined up from Sydney that fell through. Hopefully around tax time people are more willing to spend.

Reactions: Gav

PORT_NXR

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jimmy
Drive
2002 Legnum VR4
Would you swap for a 2002 Honda CRV with cash your way? It's got 144k and rego till February 18

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Bump. Getting a bit tired of people not knowing what this car is and wanting a free test drive.

If anyone is half serious, let me know. Would much prefer this go to someone who knows what this car is.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
More time wasters. Had a guy drive 5 hours to pick it up after making a deal. He arrives after 2 weeks from the initial enquiry and his wife didn't let him buy it. You'd think they would have discussed is at some point during the drive.

Price drop to $11.5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom