Galant vs evo and sti's

G

Unregistered
its a vr4 gal vs wrx and looks like the vr4 won but u can't really see it cause they are draging on a dirt road and the camra is at the begining but judging by the lights the vr4 wins... doesn't say what mods are on either though

also what is the stock 0-100 on all cars?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Sheesh, where do you guys get all the opportunities to drag race against other cars? (as my wife would say, comparing d*ck size...)

I've only ever had one challenge, against a heavily worked VS Commodore wagon with a bonnet scoop the size of Tasmania. He won (reached the speed limit first), by about a car length.

Apart from that, I've never actually found myself lined up at front of the lights next to another performance car.

G

Unregistered
HAHAH you guys get it easy every c*ck in a falcon trys to drag me at the lights. But I do a fair amount of stiring ie reving and a bit of lurching at the lights and then laugh and wave as the idiot boots off the line.

G

Unregistered
i never get a run out here. only last thursday i chopped a VU SS rolling in 2nd gear. everyone laughs at the car in town, until they hear pcshhhhh :ROFLMAO:

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Having owned an STi before my Legnum, I can say that stock for stock, the galant would be crushed by the STi or even a wrx in terms of straight line or any other type of performance.

Disagree!! The first time I was at the drags I came up against a stock manual WRX and I was completely stock too, being also auto. He only beat me by a .1 of a second (14.5).

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Prefacelift manual is 280ps, same as ALL facelifts. But prefacelift auto is 260ps. Easily fixed by upping boost a little, but I think installing a FL ECU will also regain the 20ps.

bonecracker

Idling at the Lights
First Name
steve
Drive
vr4 legnum
i can tell you that my old r32 rb20det in std form is slightly faster than a wrx (they don't rev)have raced my mate afew times usually passed him in 3rd ,my legnum is much quicker of the mark that the same r32 but with a modded rb25det.all cars wouldn't compete with a evo.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Sheesh, where do you guys get all the opportunities to drag race against other cars? (as my wife would say, comparing d*ck size...)

I've only ever had one challenge, against a heavily worked VS Commodore wagon with a bonnet scoop the size of Tasmania. He won (reached the speed limit first), by about a car length.

Apart from that, I've never actually found myself lined up at front of the lights next to another performance car.

I'm the same only ever had 1 car have a go. Honda s2000 got the shock of his life as i boosted past and keep going

G

Unregistered
Galants have nothing on these cars in stock form. The average stock Galant will complete the 1/4 mile in around 14.5 where the wrx does it in 13.7 and evo 9 around 13.4.

I will say that the Galants have much more potential than the evo's and wrx's being larger capacity engine and 2 more cylinders; check out my 1/4 time. That's with about $3500 worth of go fast bits!

mines only .4 sec slower with well under $1000 worth of mods, and it's heavier. ;)

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
ive hardly ever had a race,blew a few commodores and falcons away,even a supercharged commodore,out of my mates cars its faster than,fairly standard r32,audi a4t,ss commos,one mate has a 323 astina with a familia engine and he will probly win but not from standing start being fwd

also raced an xr6 turbo rolling start where he won once and i won once.auto is too slow for rolling starts,i find drive better than tiptronic when it comes to that

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Lol at the S2000, I was surprised at just how slow they are. I've had an encounter with one of those at Pukekohe and everything was passing it down the straights, well apart from an RX8 which was about the same speed.

Top Bottom