Galant vs evo and sti's

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
My GF's EVO GT-A will keep up with me no problems. We have had some runs where she wins then i win. I think they are dead even. Hers is dead stock, no boost or anything at all. I have zorst, FMIC and Boost.

:eek:(

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hers is worth 5k more than yours though, so by the time you spend that extra 5k, who is winning ;)

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
True. If hers was a EVO Wagon i would fap tho...

EDIT, i have spent over 5k :eek:(

rich

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
richard
Drive
ford xe 351 legnum vr4 Ford G6ET
My car runs 16 psi, and a good exhaust system, no other engine mods. I've driven the new subaru liberty turbo and it feels like nothing is happening. The car salesman was saying " can you feel that", ah, no I can't. No balls down low.

VR4 vs fg falcon xr8. We were joining the freeway, two lanes go to one, let him floor it first, still got past, too easy.

VR4 vs HSV GTS 307, joining freeway behind the hsv , he nails the gas at 70km/h, I'm on his bumper well into 4th gear, can't pull away from what he thinks must be some mutant magna station wagon.

These cars are fast and cheap. What car could you sell your vr4 for that would be faster at the same price?
'

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
My car runs 16 psi, and a good exhaust system, no other engine mods. I've driven the new subaru liberty turbo and it feels like nothing is happening. The car salesman was saying " can you feel that", ah, no I can't. No balls down low.

VR4 vs fg falcon xr8. We were joining the freeway, two lanes go to one, let him floor it first, still got past, too easy.

VR4 vs HSV GTS 307, joining freeway behind the hsv , he nails the gas at 70km/h, I'm on his bumper well into 4th gear, can't pull away from what he thinks must be some mutant magna station wagon.

These cars are fast and cheap. What car could you sell your vr4 for that would be faster at the same price?
'

Hmmm, they weren't trying.

A mate of mine has a FG XR6T and it kills me everytime. They are a 5.1 sec 0-100kmh car. A VR4 wouldn't be that quick unless it had 200awkw. Not to mention people have had the 307 do a 4.9!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
gunning it from 70km/h onto a joining freeway isnt exactly a definative speed/power test.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I've been in an FG XR8..... I honestly wasn't THAT impressed by it

It was fast, but I expected SO much more to be honest

The XR6T's are awesome though.....

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
xr6t is a differnt kettle of fish, theyre quick, i hav driven my mates ba xr6t, only thing lacking is the weight, the brakes and the slush box haha so it is a modern muscle car of the 60's

xr8 i dunno, but my dad's fg xr8 arrives in a month so ill drive both back to back and see how they go

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Only reason i mentioned the XR6T was a reference to what a XR8 would be like. Online i can find 0-100 times for the Xr8 ranging from 5.9 - 5.2. Also found 1 or 2 for a 4.9 in the XR6T!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
0-100, stock FG Falcon's

XR6T

XR8

Our cars -

VR4 (Fairly stock, mine of course lol)

Theres a noticeable difference there..... But, where we have lots of win is here -

VR4 (Mine again 60-130)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hmmm intersting, the fords seem to hav us

:(

edit, scottie you gangsta, did it stall at 100km/h???

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Man Scotts would give them a run for their money. Looks like its got lauch control in that vid. Seems pretty bloody quick

Edit: needs flatshifts lol

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Oh, that would make sense then. His car has a fair bit more power than stock lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Remembering, if we spent the price difference on our cars in mods, who would be winning?

Top Bottom