Galants/Legnums making STUUUPID money at auction...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Hi guys,

For those of you still looking for cars this week, just thought I'd fill you in on a couple of sale prices.

There was a black grade 4 Legnum, pre-facelift with 70,000km or so. My buyer checked it and said it was pretty average (he suggested someone had lopped a 1 off the odometer), so we left it. If it had been ok, I would've put probably 500,000 yen on it - it sold for over 800,000 yen! To put that in perspective, that's the same money I paid for a grade 4 2000 model Legnum, manual with Recaros and genuine kms a month or two back...

Then there was a 2001 auto Type S Galant that I had a go at this week - I thought I was having a good crack at it with 700,000 (bearing in mind, that 2002 Legnum I had on my list was the same money). It made over 1 million yen car cost!

Might have to sit tight or start upping our budgets - it's madness at the moment.

G

Unregistered
I think my grade 4 black prefacelift with 90,000km was only half of that! I think...

Madness indeed!

G

Unregistered
Why do I have to have expensive tastes :(

oh well...gotta keep looking!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I had guessed this would happen as popularity increased. I'm glad I got in when I did, even if I had to wait so long. I reckon it'll go even more mad then it'll calm down again. It's what happens with something new that people actually like lol

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Ja even though might be "standard issue white" I'm also glad I have one and I also happen to like the white actually.

G

Unregistered
Oh no thats not good. If one cost 1 million yen how much is that landed and complied? Still if you get a good one it's worth it in the end.

G

Unregistered
Hey Kristian If there gettin stupid prices does that mean i should look at selling my Magna over there? i reckon ill be lucky if i get 5k for it here. lol

Would be interesting to see how it goes over the next couple of weeks, Ive allready had 2 complete strange ask if i wanted to sell mine,

So i just pointed them to u Kristian,
Thanks

Cory

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Wow, I feel for the guys that a looking for their rides ATM. Still great value for money when you compare it to a local car though.

G

Unregistered
So what's pushing up the price do you think? Simple case of demand exceeding supply now that Australia, NZ, UK and places like Russia are buying them up?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Mainly Australia pushing prices up - when I was at the auctions over there in July, all the Poms were complaining that we were paying 200,000 yen more for VR-4s than what they were prepared to pay...we told them not to bother bidding lol

G

Unregistered
So what's pushing up the price do you think? Simple case of demand exceeding supply now that Australia, NZ, UK and places like Russia are buying them up?

You call us "places" :mad:

PS: Football errhhh... :D

G

Unregistered
Would be interested to here how Ben (J-Spec) has been going also ...
Great news for us guys that got in early. But I do feel sorry for those that have been pooling funds together ... maybe the dealer cars would be a good option at the moment before they start raising the car too.

Top Bottom