G'day from South East Brisbane

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
New rule. We only use word with one syllable or less in our posts.

G

Unregistered
im not gonna welcome you cause im jealous.. and cause its not a leggie.. you can't spoon anyone in there..

serious note.. I love it.. wanna swap?

The bedroom is for spooning mate :p Besides i dont think i could be in this car and not want to drive it.

Im a bit bummed actually, im picking it up this afternoon and im probably going to end up running it home to the garage and to make matters worse the weekend looks even bleaker cause im working on my house saturday and sunday.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Good to see you made it here man, Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new toy too.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey mate the car looks great. Looks like you have metal scuff plates, is that a standard part? how many other people have metal ones??

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I'm not gonna welcome you cause im jealous

Oh you poor baby Chris. I'm sure a lot of people has seen you driving around around in that sexy beast of yours and have felt jealous. If it helps I've got wide (and water proof) shoulders you can cry on.

G

Unregistered
Well it’s been over 24 hours since, my last post here and a lot has happened. My last dive in my Magna (its sad to let it go), my first drive as the owner of the VR4 (and im happy again), might have even picked up my first speeding fine in 3 years (damn permanent cameras on the story bridge), and ive spent every spare moment either in the car, looking at the car or dreaming about the car. I just want to keep on driving.

Ill admit that its missing that extra litre, the magna has, off the line but as soon as the snails kick in you forget all about that. I attacked some round-abouts today to see how far I could push it without loosing traction, and even with some 16” mags (so im guessing not the stickiest rubber) on it she’s got the bite ive been looking for (I wonder how much is the AWD and how much is the Tein coilovers and strut bar).

So to cap it off im lucky I saw this car and took it for a test run before I took out the skyline, because I just wouldn’t have been as happy if I hadn’t have bought it.

Also whats your clubs position on members creating a personal sticker for there car rather than your ozvr4 one? (see attached).

Attachments

• Oz_Vr4_Sticker.jpg
    Oz_Vr4_Sticker.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 20

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
sticker would've looked nicer if you had the orange and red on those stripes.. IMO though..

good call with buying the car.. I was also looking into getting a skyline r34(not much people here knew about it) but it was missing the AWD.. and it was a little more expensive..

G

Unregistered
sticker would've looked nicer if you had the orange and red on those stripes.. IMO though..

good call with buying the car.. I was also looking into getting a skyline r34(not much people here knew about it) but it was missing the AWD.. and it was a little more expensive..

Yeah i toyed with the idea of going with the red and orange of Ralliart, but i thought it detracted to much from the VR4 and it added another colour to the mix. Just got to hit up a vinly place to get a price on it, might end up just too pricey though, have to wait and see.

Thats why i dropped it down to a 32, i'd never be able to afford the 34 in a GTR. Also the commonness of them was putting me off, every man and his dog had one. I wanted something that people would go "Wow, what was that"

Attached decal with Orange and Red.

Attachments

• Oz_Vr4_Sticker_RedOrange.jpg
    Oz_Vr4_Sticker_RedOrange.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 29
G

Unregistered
Did you try it with 3 horizontal bars in GREEN (representing the AYC of course) instead of the red and orange vertical ones.
Just a thought.

I havent seen Mitsubishis logo for the Active Yaw Control and i cant find it on the net that even resembles it. Anyone got an image of this logo.

G

Unregistered
hey brocky how is the new car? Did you end up checking those concerns that I had with the car? What mods are you planning for it?

G

Unregistered
hey brocky how is the new car? Did you end up checking those concerns that I had with the car? What mods are you planning for it?

The new car is just bloody awesome, i never want to leave it. I had a bit of a check over the cover (still keeping my eye and ears on it thought) but the odometer seams to be working fine, already clocked up 200km (would have been more if i didnt need to spend saturday and sunday renovating the house).

As for mods nothing in the near future (gotta wait to get some more cash). But after that, ive got a few ideas up my sleave. The first big challenge is getting my 2 12" from my other car into the galant without loosing the access to the spare, plus the 6" in the front and 6"x9" in the rear. Still tossing and turning about the head unit (do i leave it, do i take it out).

After that will be some 18"s. Havent decided on some Black RAYS Ralliart Evolution R-01's or just some Ozzy Racing RS GT's in black.

A rear strut bar and front and rear sway bars are probably next, followed by some drilled and slotted rotars sporting some brembo callipers.

The engine is the last thing to be changed, ill probably look into moving the battery from the front to the rear to make some more room. Just some simple mods to start with. New turbos, intercooler, blow off valve and maybe some extractors.

Then its anyones guess as to where i go from there. Mind you as the past has proven my plans dont always go smoothly (i had lots of plans for the magna). But at the moment these are my plans, but dont expect to see much of a change between now and this time next year.

The big car to watch in 08 is my girls '97 Lancer (1.8L FF goodness), gonna start getting some quotes on a Veilside style kit, got some mags picked out, a new paint job and going to get the sound system back to its former glory (its been neglected after i had to pull the whole thing apart on the side of the road).

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
no point in getting a rear strut bar in a Galant, there is already a big metal cross member there and in order to get a rear strut bar in you have to cut away at some metal.why are you spending that much money on the Lancer? The VR-4 is HEAPS better :D

G

Unregistered
no point in getting a rear strut bar in a Galant, there is already a big metal cross member there and in order to get a rear strut bar in you have to cut away at some metal.why are you spending that much money on the Lancer? The VR-4 is HEAPS better :D

'Cause doing it up is cheaper than buying a whole new car. Which in turn means there is more money to spend on the VR-4.

G

Unregistered
That is one WOW car!

Conggratulations!

Thanks man, it fits all my criteria perfectly. V6, blown, AWD, manual, black and unique. Its just awesome to drive, i never want to stop driveing it.

Top Bottom