G'day from South East Brisbane

G

Unregistered
I previously owned a Black ’99 Mitsubishi Magna Sports in a Manual and I loved it to death. So when I saw the Galant I fell head over heals in love again. There really is only one way to describe it, its everything that’s wrong with the Magna FIXED (AWD in stead of FR, Turbo in stead of NA). I just had to have it, so half a stressful week later and all I’m waiting for now is to take delivery which is happening this Friday the 14th of December (my early Christmas present to myself).

THE CAR:
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Type V
42000km
Recaro Seats
Momo Stearing Wheel
Front Strut Bar
Tein Coilover Suspension
Ralliart Muffler
Manual
Black

There isn’t a whole lot more you would want in a car. And ill tell you only a few occasions have I been any more excited. Touch wood nothing goes wrong between now and Friday.

I tell you though, I’ve got the tuner bug BAD. I haven’t even got the car in the garage yet and I’m all ready searching the web for body kits and aftermarket performance parts. Already thinking that if I put some bigger snails under the hood I could improved fuel efficiency around town AND net a decent increase in power.

THE DRIVER:
Male
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
I’m interested cars, drawing anime, tuner tooning and a whole host of other things, just ask me.

Attachments

• 97AECD5921194F6E859AF7B2B8415613.jpg
    97AECD5921194F6E859AF7B2B8415613.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 97E3737548B5474F9DA8827E645B494B.jpg
    97E3737548B5474F9DA8827E645B494B.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 91268D9EE8F14BEA90EF903FEA7C2226.jpg
    91268D9EE8F14BEA90EF903FEA7C2226.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 44
  • A66063598E364BE18867432957279AE3.jpg
    A66063598E364BE18867432957279AE3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 40
  • B89F214CF8C445DCA4E5D4A9119EC4AA.jpg
    B89F214CF8C445DCA4E5D4A9119EC4AA.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 51
G

Unregistered
G'Day from WA brocky ... glad to have a Galant to add to the ranks. Hopefully u'll find a wealth of information and some alright blokes (oh and gal(s) ) on here.
Recaro Seats, MMCS, Super VR4 steering wheel and manual ? nice work.

G

Unregistered
Thanks fellas. I never thought i would find a car that met all my requirements and for a great price as well. Im getting really antsy about this Friday when i pick it up.

Im definately going to be sifting through the forums seeing whats out there and i cant wait to get out to a meat and see some of the other rides out there.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Brocky, welcome to the forums! Man that is one SWEEET ride! :D Its exactly what I'd have gotten if I didn't need / want the space of a Legnum.

I know what you mean about catching the tuner bug - I've got $15k worth of mods and parts mapped out over the coming year or so, and that's not including any work! :eek:

You'll find quite a lot of discussion on here and ClubVR4 about upgrading turbos - just be aware there apparently isn't a great deal of room to play with.

BTW who did you get the car off??

Enjoy picking the car up tomorrow - look forward to hearing all about it once you can pull yourself away from it!! :D

G

Unregistered
This was the one advertised on carsales that I posted up in the "VR4's For Sale" thread a few weeks back.

Fantastic looking car !! To have those sort of options (recaro/momo interior, mmcs, facelift, manual, coilovers, rims etc) for that price already in Australia was an awesome buy. Was my ideal car but way out of my price range. Well Done!

G

Unregistered
Did this get complied by Shogun? I think I saw it there. Envying the recaros. MIne is similiar but white. No recaros and standard steering wheel. although have O-Z racing rims and after market 3" stainless cat back.

G

Unregistered
Im not sure who complied it, but i bought it through Import Auto Center, down at springwood. I actually went there looking at a R32 GTR, but left wanting the VR4.

And im thinking about getting myself a set of RAYS Ralliart Evolution R-01's, Black in 18"s. But they wont be for a while though.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome Brock, sweet Galant mate ! We need some more Galant owners on here :p

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Brocky,
bloody nice car and terrific score. Look forward to see it myself at the next QLD meeting. Just wondering which surburb your in.
cheers

G

Unregistered
Brocky,
bloody nice car and terrific score. Look forward to see it myself at the next QLD meeting. Just wondering which surburb your in.
cheers

Im over in Capalaba, probably not far from you.

G

Unregistered
Hey Brocky congratulations on your buy, it hammers, my friend and I test drove it about a week ago. Not too sure exactly and I dont want to alarm you but my friend who is very mechanically minded, was concerned because it seemed like the odometer was not registering the klms when we test drove it and he said that it looked like the Cam belt cover had been removed before?? We might be wrong though and I would hate to ruin any of your joy. If at all possible have a quick check of these things if you can, maybe nothing is wrong or maybe you can use it against them to knock more money off the price...Once again I wasn't sure whether to say anything or not...I will ask my friend more specifically on what he thought. The car drove really well though and we found nothing wrong with it apart from that . Better safe than sorry. :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Im over in Capalaba, probably not far from you.

Nope not really I'm over at Mount Cotton. I travel over to Capalaba week days to bus it into town. Unfortunately or fortunately (don't really want it parked in a open car park all day everyday) depends on how you look at it, I don't get to drive the Legnum every day. That privilege is reserved for the wife Mel-D. She pops up on the forum from time to time. Generally to put shit on me.:D

G

Unregistered
Hey Brocky congratulations on your buy, it hammers, my friend and I test drove it about a week ago. Not too sure exactly and I dont want to alarm you but my friend who is very mechanically minded, was concerned because it seemed like the odometer was not registering the klms when we test drove it and he said that it looked like the Cam belt cover had been removed before?? We might be wrong though and I would hate to ruin any of your joy. If at all possible have a quick check of these things if you can, maybe nothing is wrong or maybe you can use it against them to knock more money off the price...Once again I wasn't sure whether to say anything or not...I will ask my friend more specifically on what he thought. The car drove really well though and we found nothing wrong with it apart from that . Better safe than sorry. :)

Thanks for the heads up man. Ill definately be keeping an eye on that.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
NIce score Brocky, I too have had a look see at your car even tho I already have my Black Legnum. I had to stop and have a perve as I love the Black VR4's. You have a Nice example there, enjoy it mate.

DarkVr4

P.S Welcome My black Brutha!!

G

Unregistered
hopefully its all good. My friend liked it a lot , he is a spray painter and he said the paint was in great nick. We looked at the silver wagon they had there and then we saw the galant and took it for a spin while we waited for the valuation of my trade in...It went really well and almost swayed me from the one I ended up getting. I ended up getting an auto one but I had fallen in love with this particular one..All of us will have to catch up around the Brisbane /Gold Coast area in early January? I wont have mine till maybe just before new years. What did you end up paying for it?

G

Unregistered
hopefully its all good. My friend liked it a lot , he is a spray painter and he said the paint was in great nick. We looked at the silver wagon they had there and then we saw the galant and took it for a spin while we waited for the valuation of my trade in...It went really well and almost swayed me from the one I ended up getting. I ended up getting an auto one but I had fallen in love with this particular one..All of us will have to catch up around the Brisbane /Gold Coast area in early January? I wont have mine till maybe just before new years. What did you end up paying for it?

Lets just say i didnt get it for as much as i would have liked. Who was your salesman?

Im really looking forward to the dyno meet lee is putting together at the end of january.

G

Unregistered
**UPDATE**

Well ladies and gents. Its the night before christmas and all through the house... Well it feels like christmas for me anyway. Spent the last 4 or 5 nights pulling the subs and speakers out of my Magna and putting the standard speakers back in AND im bloody glad its over.

The loans been signed, the cheque written and the trade in re-assembled. All thats left to do tomorrow is procrastinate the day away and pick up the keys.

Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
im not gonna welcome you cause im jealous.. and cause its not a leggie.. you can't spoon anyone in there..

serious note.. I love it.. wanna swap?

Top Bottom