G'day from the Top End!!!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hey everyone,

Probably should have done this before sticking my nose into other peoples threads.

Anyway thought I should do it a bit more formally, and say a hot humid hi from Darwin!!:rolleyes: (Love that smilie).

Just bought my 97 Galant from a bloke on the Gold Coast who does imports for a hobby.

I was all ready to pay a deposit when he phoned me to say a traytop ute backed into him in the car park!:mad:

Getting fixed now but was very impressed with his genuiness to make sure I new what was happening before I committed to it.

So hopefully in a couple more weeks I should have a nice shiny trigger maude galant parked in my garage!

Anyone want to know anything about the top end; ask any time. I'm on line most of the time.

Joshie

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Welcome to the family. Sorry to hear about the incident but pleased for you to hear that the guy has been so up front about it.
Be sure to post pictures as soon as they're available.
What mods have you got planned
I think you might be our first NT member. I'm sure that I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

G

Unregistered
Can you prove that your brown dog rules? Because I'm pretty sure my black dog rules...

;)

Welcome to OZVR4 mate, I hope you enjoy it!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Cheers Pete.

Mod wise; thinking tranny preservation for starters because of 34+ deg up here most year round; Probably get a trans cooler. Then a bar and plate IC with Ivan's famous red IC silicon piping. Maybe an APEXI AFC to get better fuel eco. Up the boost to 14PSI. Maybe get a bigger TB from a ST25. Port intake, exhaust man, heads.

I'm hoping to eventually get maybe a 13.6 ET. Is that realistic?

G

Unregistered
hi mate and great to have someone from the top of Aussie, I'm sure u will be a one of a kind up there for sure ...
Hope u enjoy driving it as much as we do, pity u don't have an open limit on the roads there anymore !?!?!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Can you prove that your brown dog rules? Because I'm pretty sure my black dog rules...

;)

Welcome to OZVR4 mate, I hope you enjoy it!

Ta Van...

Ok then my brown dog does 0-45km/h in 1.5 sec. And if he's faster than that then my dad's tougher than your dad!:p

Just kiddin, I'm already reaping the benefits of this forum; it's truly awesome!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
hi mate and great to have someone from the top of Aussie, I'm sure u will be a one of a kind up there for sure ...
Hope u enjoy driving it as much as we do, pity u don't have an open limit on the roads there anymore !?!?!

Yeah it is a bugger; but there is a campaign to get the restiction lifted. I'll let you all know if or when it does. (You can come up for a cruise & test out the open speed limit!!)

FYI The restriction hasn't reduced the road toll which is half the reason for the campaign; if anything its more dangerous due to driver fatique with such long distances of not much at all.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Don't forget to upgrade the air-con to a heavy duty industrial grade one.
I'd say that's the most important mod. Gotta keep ya cool.

Don't know about you but the humidity in Brisbane is killing me this year, hate to know what it's like up "the top end"

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hey Pete,

By heavy duty A/C does that mean getting a bigger condenser? Or does the compressor need to be upgraded too?

Cheers

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
nahh he's just joking around.

On the day I was in melbourne I was in BuzzPuppy's car, it was 42C, we had the air con on 20C, economy mod and only fan speed 3 and it was cold inside the car. It can go down to 17C, and about fan speed 8, and that cools down the car even more. Once in summer in NZ it was 28C outside, I had the car temp down to 6C, not bad :D

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
He he,

didn't realise I just been had. Just so you know I am the world's most gullable man... once someone asked me "did you know they've taken the word gullable out of the dictionary" and I said "really?":redface:

Yeah my older 89 VR4 had awesome climate control.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Jesus, you mean you've got 98 octane in Darwin now...place is really coming along

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome to the site Josh :) You will have the most exclusive car in the NT soon :p

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
My oath I do.

Its gonna be funny when I rock up next to a bogan in a bommodore and blow him away and he thinks its just a magna!!

Imports have only just started to take off here in the last year or so; took me ages to sell my 6G VR4. Most people didn't even know what it was or what it was capable of!

Best thing is I'm only 20mins from Hidden Valley race way!!:D

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Yeah I was just joshing ya Josh. Making a snide comment on the heat and humidity in NT. Pretty impressed with the cooling ability of the aircon based on Brad's post.

Taking about blowing people away I had some fun with a BMW on the weekend going through a few round abouts. Had Mel and the kids in the car also. I certainly surprised that BMW driver.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hey Pete,

That's one of the things I love about the legnums is they're sleepers, relatively unknown & quite magna looking; which is why I kicked & screamed to try and get a leggy but the missus hates station wagons full stop.:cool:(She has nothing against legnums themselves).

But hey... where are you going to find a station wagon getter looking than a legnum; they're sweet!!:drool:

Have you seen the vid of the pom in his leggy blowing away BMW 330i? That's pretty funny.:ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom