G'day - Justin // QLD

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Hi all,

I'm looking to become a Legnum owner in the near future! My current drives are a bunch of old Datsuns which I dearly love, but I just don't have the time for tinkering with old cars any more. So it's time to upgrade to something a bit newer.....and it's pretty hard to go past the legnum for its combination of performance and practicality.

So you'll be seeing me around here for a while as I do some research on these cars.

Cheers,

Justin

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Make yourself at home Justin. There's always room for one more. Good luck hunting for a new chariot!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Justin.

What specs/model are you after ?

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Thanks fellas.

Either pre or post facelift, any spec, as long as it's manual!
The one I've been looking at is a '96, 75k km, Tein suspension, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket wheels, other than that it's stock. Drove quite nicely!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hey Justin,

if you have a 20-25k budget have a look at the Legnum I posted in the for sale section - it's down here in Labrador, and looks hot.

cheers

Lee

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi Justin, seems you and i were looking at the same car. Spoke to Dom this morning!
I'm sure he'll source you a great vehicle, he's a no-nonsense guy.
Cheers
Simon

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Were you the one that ended up buying it?

I'm a little bummed that I didn't get it, but not too worried. No rush here. Sounds like he'll be able to find me a better deal anyhow. Pretty impressed with his service so far.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes i bought it, had looked at it for a little bit, just needed to get the wife round to drive it.

Yes I'm sure Dom will find the car you want

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Here she is!

1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4
Stock other than tein coilovers with sensible spring rates (5 front, 3 rear), smoooooth as, but nicely controlled and 16" BBS alloys with shitty compliance rubber.

Oh and 38k km....sounds sus at its age, but it looks genuine, damn clean example. Feels like every one of the 280 ponies is still there! Goes hard! I'm happy!

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Very nice Justin! I got my 96 with similar km's so lets both hope it's possible to do that few km's in 11-12 years :)

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh soon!

I notice you're missing you 'L E G N U M' off the back! How will people know what it was that just blew past them??

cheers

Lee

p.s. I know what you mean about shitty compliance rubber - I only just swapped my 'Toyo Triangle' tires for some Yokohamas and it makes such a difference! Get new rubber on asap!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thats a clean looking ride right there mate, well done :)

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Very nice Justin! I got my 96 with similar km's so lets both hope it's possible to do that few km's in 11-12 years :)

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh soon!

I notice you're missing you 'L E G N U M' off the back! How will people know what it was that just blew past them??

cheers

Lee

p.s. I know what you mean about shitty compliance rubber - I only just swapped my 'Toyo Triangle' tires for some Yokohamas and it makes such a difference! Get new rubber on asap!
Ahh never noticed the missing LEGNUM! New rubber is certainly on the cards. They have 225s stretched over 16x6s at moment....just too wide for those rims. They're damn noisy too.

Thats a clean looking ride right there mate, well done :)
Thanks mate.

G

Unregistered
hey justin where in qld you at?? I'm thinking about going cruising on the Gold Coast tonight. Let me know if you are interested in joining us..

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Brisbane mate. Thanks for the invite but wont be making it down there tonight unfortunately. Keen for a meet up with the other VR-4 owners though.

G

Unregistered
wow, that legnum is nice !! So clean !!

Think you have picked up an awesome example, Well Done !

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Jesus the interior looks brand new Justin! Gotta be happy with that, like the sun/moonroof too!

Look forward to catching up soon.

How did you know what the spring-rates were, did the seller have them on hand?

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Thanks mate. Just looked up what are the standard spring rates for those coilovers on the Tein website. Your set have the same spring rates....rides pretty much the same from what I recall.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum

Ahh SWEET, thanks for the info, i've bookmarked the page for future reference

I was very impressed with the ride especially since all the Teins' iv been in in Skylines have stupid spring rates, my 32 4 door had 12kg fronts and 10kg rears when it arrived from Japan:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!! Was probably great on their billiard table smooth roads but no here. Typical japs though, try to control body roll with spring rate, they also never seem to touch the anti-roll bars:ROFLMAO:

So i was pleasantly surprised with the ride and that makes sense now that you've show me the spring rates!

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Same experiences with coilovers here.

Couldn't believe yours had them when I drove it. Just too smooth. Seeing as mine are non adjustable, you couldn't see it had coilovers until you looked under the car. I thought it had stock suspension until I saw it on the hoist!

Btw, have you got the compliance plate for your legnum yet?

Top Bottom