Gidday - Kevin // QLD - Legnum

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hhhmm, looks interesting.. is it sucking air from the bottom part too? or just straight from the front?

i was previously looking into a carbon fiber covered pod filter, ones you can add a hose in front.. i wanted to know if it does make differences..

your looks nice btw.. hope you're coming on Sunday..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Chris Kevin's improvements will be compared to performance before he ducted cold air to the filter (ie sucking lots of hot air sitting next to the engine), NOT compared to how it would perform with original intake ducts & filter.

Kev you should grab some original gear off one of the guys at a meet to see how it compares to your pod filter ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
would be interesting to find out what the outcome would be.. also I would like to know the results on hot and cold days..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
The heat resistant shield wraps around the top part, past the engine side and wraps underneath so it draws most of its air from the origional duct still attached at the front and what comes through the lights, bonnet on that side.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Ahhhh finally got the interior done on my car..DVD unit in, gauges.....now just for the screens....and maybe playstation later....

Attachments

• Car Inside 002.jpg
    Car Inside 002.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 67

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
finally!! after all the dramas.. looks nice.. is it easy to look at the gauge while driving?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Yeah it was a bit of a mission eh! Thanks again mate!!
It is pretty good to see, it helps with the slight lean towards the driver, I prefer that look than the gauges stuck up on the dash etc

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Going to get my Intercooler done soon. I have picked one up for about $200. it is a 600x300x75 with 2.5 mounts

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Be sure to post up some pics of your cooler install Kevin.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Intercooler

Well here we go boys and girls, got the intercooler done yesterday...feels good to drive to .... will get the piping done soon but here are some pics to wet the appitite.....;)

Attachments

• IMG00066.jpg
    IMG00066.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG00067.jpg
    IMG00067.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 51

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Good stuff Kev,

shame the number plate sits where it does! Anyone looked at moving it to the side?

cheers

Lee

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Well here we go boys and girls, got the intercooler done yesterday...feels good to drive to .... will get the piping done soon but here are some pics to wet the appitite.....;)

Brock,

Now you've gone to the effort with the cooler, maybe consider getting a slim-line plate as that ugly standard jobbie is doing it's best to disrupt the airflow to it;)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
My name is Kevin...well that is what my mum calls me!
I picked up a S-AFC11 unit yesterday..the one informed to me by Christian so will have his help to get that in and going soon...now whee the hell am I going to put it!!
I am thinking of moding the glases holder in some way so I can hide it out of the way

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
My new addition to the car ....... S-AFC2
Thanks to the Mighty Christian !!

Attachments

• Dash with SAFC 2.JPG
    Dash with SAFC 2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Dash with SAFC 1 .JPG
    Dash with SAFC 1 .JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 29

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
hmmmm yes and no....need to make a few more modifications with Christian help to get it to close properly due to the bracket that is holding the S-AFC up at the moment

Top Bottom