GO THE DELICA'S!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
A lot of Japanese cars have an auto locking feature once you reach 5-10km/h. Safety feature.

I'd love a Delica with a big lift for offroading, but I've heard they are very top heavy and easy to roll. Not sure how true it is, but I'd love to pack 5 mates in and start driving over shit :p

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
My girlfriend's family have a Delica (the shitty 2wd version unfortunately, also the shitty 4g64 non-turbo) and run it on LPG. It's horrid to drive and is slow as hell but it does carry a lot of people/gear very well. The major positive for it that I can see is that they treat it like crap, constant cold starts and driven badly by a lead-footed mum, but never have any problems. Done about 220,000km now and still putting along.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
lol yes the delica's do have auto lock once you reach 20km's/hr its not something wrong with the car, they are an awesome car for the money and for the size of the car they arent bad on fuel and are the most comfortable thing to drive so much room. yes they drive like a boat even with newer suspension they sit high and there is a fair bit of roll in them as you go around corners just because of the high weight but they are so fun to drive just the same.

sure not fast but still fun and you can see everything lol

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
Recently towed 1.7tonnes over 1200klms and averaged 15-16l/100. That's almost 4 tonnes all up. Normal is around 11-12. On the freeway there were times it would creep up to 120kph (probably 110 corrected) before I'd realize and back off. It's an manual, diesel L400 model.

Extremely versatile vehicle with reasonable off road capabilities. Same superselect 4wd set-up as Pajero (can be changed from 2wd to 4wd and back on the fly and also on hard, dry surfaces) . Not many other vehicles can accomodate 7 adults in similar comfort and great for carrying engines, gearboxes and other awkward stuff. Top heavy? Not really. Yes it's tall but mostly empty space with the major weights still carried lower.

No other people mover on the market that can compare especially for the cost. Probably several thousand greys have now been imported (always lots for sale on carsales etc) so parts are readily available.

Top Bottom