Gold Coast Computer Help !!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hi peoples,

My sister lives at Runaway Bay up the top end of the Gold Coast.

Her laptop is completely f@cked. I spent hours remotely last week running virus scans & spyware scans which cleaned up a LOT of stuff, but now when it boots into Windows & will not respond to any input, be it the internal keyboard & touchpad or external devices. The external devices were recognised so it appears Windows has not frozen, but you just cannot do a thing. It won't connect to the internet anymore so I can't remotely access it.
It will boot into safe mode, you can click on things with the external mouse. That's about it.

In short, she needs a wipe & a reload, however she is a personal massage therapist & the laptop contains all her data. We can't connect an external drive, well pointless to as it is too damn hard to tell this woman what to do even if it worked. She is completely clueless with this shit & this is why we shouldn't have let women out of the kitchen.

Does anyone know of anyone half decent that she could take her laptop to & get it sorted out? She'd need all her files copied off it & the whole shebang reloaded again.

Cheers dudes for any help you could provide! :)
Brad.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
You/someone needs to pull the HDD out of the laptop and manually pull the files off she's looking for onto another PC. To be safe you could just clone the drive onto a blank before wiping it for a reformat, just in case she forgets a couple of things she needs from it.

Munted Man

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
97 Legnum
I might be able to help I fix computers all the time, I live at upper coomera north side of gold coast, pm me if your sister still needs help.

Skippy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stuart
Drive
'96 PFL Galant VR-4
You could almost get away with booting into Knopix or similar, plugging a blank external in, cloning the drive, and then once done wipe the pc and do a reinstall with the laptop recovery disc. Then once refreshed plug the external back in and copy the non-corrupted data back across...

But, this is the importance of regular backups whether on cloud or physical copies. (Especially if you're running a business)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yea thanks for the offers guys. My method would be to boot with a Linux disc to copy off the data.
Unfortunately my sis is a complete idiot with computers, so none of my options I could talk her through.

I've told her to just pack the thing up & express post it to me & I'll deal with it.

Cheers though.

Top Bottom