G

Unregistered
Impressive car, but that isn't an Evo 4, looks like a VII

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Impressive car, but that isn't an Evo 4, looks like a VII

I think it's a 9 .. I can see CT9A in many spots in the listing.

Plus it's an EVO 4 Sale.. not an EVO 4 for sale hehe..
I thought the same thing when I first read it :bigsmile: ("that don't look like no EVO 4!!")

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
LOL yeah i was the same, I read it as 'Evo4 for sale' instead of 'Evo for sale' hehe..

and it is most definitely an Evo9.. the rear diffuser and tail lights are what makes it stand out as a 9 to me.. unless he put that rear bar on an Evo8..

but MY GOD it is sexxxual

G

Unregistered
Sorry its and evo for sale in japan and its a 2001 so its a evo 7 with a whole bunch of goodies.
Didnt see any interior pics but I am sure that if the car is at global auto it is mint.
Nicer wheel's and it would look as big gay all says (suuppeerr)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I didn't really rate the styling of it much.... Just didn't do anything for me. Apart from the fact it looks like (In Engrish) "Ta Batmobire"

Would love to own it though, plenty of aftermarket on it. Would be fast :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Sorry its and evo for sale in japan and its a 2001 so its a evo 7 with a whole bunch of goodies.
Didnt see any interior pics but I am sure that if the car is at global auto it is mint.
Nicer wheel's and it would look as big gay all says (suuppeerr)

The image is labelled 'evo7hrs3.jpg' but it looks like a 9 to me.
Plus take a look at the interior. That looks like a manual trans to me ;

evo7hrs3-1.jpg

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
P.S. Anyone know what the button is on the very right-hand side of the dash ?
It's next to the electric mirrors button with an image of the axles or something....

Can also see it's got a DEFI Control Unit & some other goodies stashed away there...

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Very Nice! Would like to change the bonnet tho.

Definately an EVO 7 and looks like it has a new gauge cluster also.

That button operates the ACD (Active Centre Diff) Basically just has Snow, Gravel and Tarmac options. I always leave it on tarmac even tho i hear it has little benefit. I assume it just controls the torque split between front and rear diffs. EVO 7 and up also have AYC on the front as well as the rear.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Very Nice! Would like to change the bonnet tho.

Definately an EVO 7 and looks like it has a new gauge cluster also.

That button operates the ACD (Active Centre Diff) Basically just has Snow, Gravel and Tarmac options. I always leave it on tarmac even tho i hear it has little benefit. I assume it just controls the torque split between front and rear diffs. EVO 7 and up also have AYC on the front as well as the rear.

Ah ok then ...

I'd love to have torque split control on the Legnum ......

Did the EVO 7.5 GTA Autos also have those ??

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Yes, the car i am talking about (GF's) is a GTA but i just call it an EVO

Evo 8 and 9 had an electrical centre diff. You can purchase a Motec Centre Diff controller and split the drive all the way to 10/90 either way.
Would be awesome for getting the back end lose! :drool:

G

Unregistered
Should of listened to me the first time guys :D

Definitely a VII, as Adam said, it's a 2001 model, but the big give-away is the 5-speed ... and the seats.

G

Unregistered
The give away is the 5speed manual. Evo 9 is 6 speed

Edit-: sorry Stephen didnt see your post

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Well spotted Tommo!

im a bit dubious about the front bar, but that would be a small price to pay for the rest of the package

G

Unregistered
It said it was a 2001 so definately a seven with hepas of extras.
The engine alone must have cost a penny or two as well as all of the goodies but here it looks like the car is running a bigger turbo and bigger motor and I dont think it runs a aftermarket ecu just a lot of fuel and air and boost controllers.
I will do the same at first which is tune the crap out of the fuel and air controller with a good wide band set up and see what 1/4 mile it runs and the figures I get of the blitz power ID just like the japs do so may not be a huge diff between the controllers and a piggy back?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha oh wow so the bodykits are all interchangable i see :p

kinda like.. legos.. or something.. haha..

G

Unregistered
Hey simon it may be ugly to you but people say the VW beetle is good looking and this goes to show that VW show rooms offer free beer prior to purchasing their vehicles and they seem to be selling but when you wake up in bed its nothing worse then waking up next to a pig or an elephant but it still happens.
Have afew beers simon I am sure you will like it better.

Top Bottom