Got my Legnum today...

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
Hey all, finally got my legnum today....:D , drove down to syd and got it, very very smooth car, even in the wet, and best part, my god, iv'e never had a 4wd that sideways around a roundabout...near shit meself....

Already had some clown in a vt commo V6 try and race me, and i loved it...:D:D...., and i don't think it's that bad on feul (run's)...anyways, first problem, when cornering hard, and the ayc starts to light up, i hear a whining noise from the rear...is it normal...???

Picture027.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
cool, diff flush then, how much will i be looking at to get it done at mitsubishi...

will post pics soon...

G

Unregistered
Bradc why? It's just working this way... I mean sure it wouldn't hurt to get new oil and AYC fluid in there, but AYC bars will still light up in the corners and you will hear it working... :) it's normal.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
so its meant to make a whine when engaged??? checked the resovoir, plenty of oil, and its nice and pink in colour...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
there are 3 oils in the diff though, hydraulic oil, atf and normal diff oil. imho when it starts to make noise it is a good time to change them all

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm with Brad - I think its just a good rule-of-thumb to change all your oils, filters, plugs and other frequent-service parts when you get a new (second-hand) car - never know WHAT the last clown was doing with it *shrugs*

Great to hear you're driving it, Fred!! Fantastic news, enjoy playing with it over the weekend :D

rich

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
richard
Drive
ford xe 351 legnum vr4 Ford G6ET
My car made the same sound when I first got it, changing the diff oil and ayc clutch fluid got rid of the noise. I just left the ayc hydrolic fluid because it looked fine.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Nearly a whole page and no pics !!! :eek:

Just kidding, congrats Fred, now get some bloddy pics up :p

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Yea come on Fred, picks mate. We don't all hang out here for the uplifting conversation you know!

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
ok, hope this link works guys... http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/fred2008-1/ ......(link should work now, sorry changed the name...can someone put these on the front page again...???) anyways thats her, sorry bout the crappy pics, taken on a camera phone, when i find a good camera, and scenery, and a good clean, will put up some more....Fred.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
oh, and does anyone know where i can get a new engine cover from, mine is all brown and cracked, looks quite shite so to speak, as the rest of the car is immaculate....Fred.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Your car looks good Fred, you are right about the engine cover, I would take it off until you find another one.

How was the drive over the mountains ?

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
very good mate, even in the wet, was a bit more fun though : ) ....yeah, can't fault the car apart from engine cover, and the damn front speakers crackle a bit with some volume, can anyone recommend some good ones, with a bit of bass, as i don't want to put subs in this one....

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Looks awsome Fred!! Manual, leather AND sunroof - half your luck!

Ive got alpine type S splits in the front, id recommend them

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
cool, thanks mate, its already got an alpine head unit in it, how much are they if you don't mind me asking, and where from...???

Top Bottom