Got my new toy :D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
well not really new, bought it 2nd hand from SLOvr4 (from MSport.co.nz) for $300

here's a quick pic..

Photo0217.jpg

does anyone know what basic settings i should have it set on?

Brad & Carsten.. HELP!!! :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Connecting it up is easy. They fit nicely behind the clock too.

As for the settings, well you really need a wideband AFR to monitor your changes.

G

Unregistered
yep as brad says, you either need a wideband ego to tune it yourself,
or have it tuned by a pro on a dyno.

there are no universal settings as every ones cars will be slightly different.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
thanks.. can I install it now and just use it as a monitor? or should i just sit and wait til i get it tuned?

G

Unregistered
may aswell put it in,
wont do any harm having it ready to be tuned,

also gives you a chance to make sure its working ok

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Mate... you are just cannot go for a week without doing some mod to your car... hahaha it is good to keep reading. It will be good to see the difference the mods make at the dyno day.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
just finished installing and doing the initial setup of this toy of mine..

maybe its just my imagination but the car feels alot more lighter to drive than usual..

also seems like it idles alot finer now than before, where as I would notice the tacho needle going slightly up and down..

I haven't done any air/fuel correction as I still dont have an A/F Ratio Gauge.. I'm actually thinking of getting done at APC or Neal Lowe.. not sure at this stage..

Installing the damn thing on the spot where I originally wanted was a little impossible at this stage.. I might just move it later on.. besides i didnt want outsiders to see what gadgets I have..

here's another pic.. sorry I didnt get to take alot of photos cause I had to get it done really quickly..

Photo0237.jpg

Photo0236.jpg
\

*note - took this pics before setting it up*

G

Unregistered
i stole the Apexi RSM out of the stag today... will go in when i can be stuffed (spent 47.99 hours outof the past 48 changing 2 lots of engine oil, 2 lots of transmission oil, and 12 spark plugs... among other bits!)

G

Unregistered
Connecting it up is easy. They fit nicely behind the clock too.

As for the settings, well you really need a wideband AFR to monitor your changes.

i tried fitting my RSM in there today, and its a fraction to big for the cover to close properly, and you also cant see the very top and bottom of the display (if you use the 2 monitor mode its pretty visable though)

i've mounted it in front of the clock housing, and removed the clock (my deck has one any way)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
hmm ok, a couple of people on cvr4 have fitted them in there but didn't report of any issues. ahh well, we all know now

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
took it my car for a proper run along the highway today.. seems like it really does full more progressively all the way up to 6k rpm.. not like when before when you reach 5k rpm you kinda feel that its losing power. But now on 2nd gear I managed to reach 80kph while the rev was still around 5500rpm where.. also keep in mind the road was kind of "wet"

now i really do want to take my car to a workshop and get the exhaust done.. then get it tuned...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Are you hoping for improvement in Fuel econonmy with this, or mainly just want "cleaner" power? I would be interested to see if leaning out Legnums improves the fuel economy to better than 13L/100km

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
im trying to achieve both.. at the moment I know my fuel economy improve a bit.. for quite awhile now I know my car does 410kms to around 430kms per full tank.. like i said in another thread, yesterday before i filled up car did 491kms and i think I could've done around 510kms cause the fuel light was still going in and out.. :D

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Sounds like good news. Going from 12.1 to 10L/100km is a BIG imporvement, and would save a bit of $$.

I'll be getting a legnum as a daily driver, and if its only $300 (+tune) to improve fuel economy like this, it would pay for itself in about 9months or less, pretty happy with that if it improves power too ;)

Top Bottom