Bujpls

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Legnum
Hi!
My name is James, from Melbourne.

Just got to pick this up yesterday, 1999 model. I am now the second owner in aus:)

123k km's, import papers and all, car goes very well too, so am loving it already. Came with a decent amount of goodies too which is awesome.

Downside is im on my ps until December, but not necessarily a big downside as I now have time to go over it all before I start driving it.

I'm located north/central Melbourne basically so that being said, anyone have any workshop suggestions to take it after rwc to just go over everything?
Also wanna get the automatic serviced and strengthened.

First couple of things I will be doing with the car is trying to find a transmission cooler and also buying some new Lca's. Also trying to get some Brembo front brakes to go with the rears it came with!:D Just need to find where to get these things from haha.

Have been reading through the forums the last month or so and can honestly say I'm excited to be involved in the community and can't wait to meet some guys and get to work on the car and enjoying it!

It is extremely different coming from a non turbo manual s13 haha, but in a very good way.

IMG_5070.jpg
IMG_5071.jpg
IMG_5072.jpg
IMG_5073.jpg

VR45UM

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Welcome from Sydney. Car looks cool and I like those rim :p What goodies did it come with?
Be cautious with replacement lca's, not sure if youve read the thread about it but some aftermarket ones can cause catastrophic failure.

Bujpls

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Legnum
Welcome from Sydney. Car looks cool and I like those rim :p What goodies did it come with?
Be cautious with replacement lca's, not sure if youve read the thread about it but some aftermarket ones can cause catastrophic failure.

Thanks dude! Yeah I don't mind them, I wanna get some enkei rs05rr eventually but later on.

Uhmmm, its had a bit done, full greddy cooler kit by the looks of it? And greddy boost gauge too. Cop kit and boost is at about 1 bar it looks like... haven't actually looked at that yet hahaha.

Then came with a full set of stockies, rear brembos, an under car chassis brace, tanabe springs, alpine sub and complete system and double din.
Also didnt realise how nice the interior is to be in haha.

Yeah I've read into that a fair bit, will definitely be getting oem ones for that reason!

G

Unregistered
Welcome to the forum James :D

The intercooler kit is by X3E Motorsports, a previous forum trader.

Bujpls

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Legnum
Welcome to the forum James :D

The intercooler kit is by X3E Motorsports, a previous forum trader.

Ohhhh! Okay makes sense, just assumed greddy because all the silicon joiners were labelled so assumed a big kit, teaches me not to assume :p

!! !! Welcome To OzVR4 !! !!

Nice pick up, post some pictures of the engine bay ? :)

Cheers dude! I actually didn't get round to taking any but I've got one that was sent to me from when I was buying it so I'll post that :)

IMG_5077.jpg

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
I actually think you do have a greddy intercooler kit, hardpipes on top look greddy style can't see the intercooler and size to be 100% if all same gear.

Engine bay is pretty dusty :p

Bujpls

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Legnum
I actually think you do have a greddy intercooler kit, hardpipes on top look greddy style can't see the intercooler and size to be 100% if all same gear.

Engine bay is pretty dusty :p

Oh fair fair, I'll get some better photos when I get back from Sydney on Monday! Also will tidy it up as previous owner hadn't driven it much at all recently. Hence the dust

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum James :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

rockerpeller

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Will
Drive
TJII Magna VRX
2000 VR4 Galant Type V manual
I haven't personally used them yet, but Techsport in Bayswater knows some things about VR4s. They looked after my car when the previous owner (@GavDaniels) had it.
Maybe Gav can help with the recommendation, as he knows exactly what was done to my car before I got it.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
auto strengthened and serviced, cheaper to do a manual conversion mate

techsport for servicing is good but far away from the north, do a fluid change first to see if some wave spring falls out

Bujpls

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Legnum
I haven't personally used them yet, but Techsport in Bayswater knows some things about VR4s. They looked after my car when the previous owner (@GavDaniels) had it.
Maybe Gav can help with the recommendation, as he knows exactly what was done to my car before I got it.

I may give them a buzz sometime soon then! I'll try messaging gav firstly :)

auto strengthened and serviced, cheaper to do a manual conversion mate

techsport for servicing is good but far away from the north, do a fluid change first to see if some wave spring falls out

Is it cheaper after trying to source the box and all that? I've done a conversion with my s13 but I imagine that was a lot easier to source the manual box for.

Cara currently driving fine though it feels like, obviously replacing wave spring asap anyways after my research it scares me lel, but for the meantime if it's driving fine I'm assuming that means it "should" be in one piece still? Hahaha

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i had two quotes of 3.5k just for the box rebuild, not the labour removing and putting it back in.

its like 3k parts and labour, maybe 3.5 for a full manual conversion. i went with the manual conversion

another one recently happened for about 3k in melbourne, you also get 25+ kw just from the conversion alone and better resale value

Bujpls

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Legnum
i had two quotes of 3.5k just for the box rebuild, not the labour removing and putting it back in.

its like 3k parts and labour, maybe 3.5 for a full manual conversion. i went with the manual conversion

another one recently happened for about 3k in melbourne, you also get 25+ kw just from the conversion alone and better resale value

Far out really? Maybe I'll just investigate doing the wave spring then to tide over until I get my hands on all the manual parts...

I'd got in my head it'd end up being 1.5-2k from reading through a couple of threads, but they were old and also not in Melbourne haha

I may keep an eye out then for manual bits.

Top Bottom