Greg // Perth WA

G

Unregistered
Greetings all,
I've been lurking for a while, thought it was about time to step from the shadows.
A potential owner, researching and learning all I can and thoroughly enjoying
this rapidly growing community in the process.

My current ride is a Delica, I am loving that buggy and there is still a roadtrip adventure
on the cards before it gets replaced.
In fact, if its 6G72 was tt, I would be a happy chap.
The Legnum makes for a good replacement, room for the kids+ junk and a sting in the tail for a bit of go when asked.

That's all for now,
Cheers,

Greg

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi Greg, Welcome to the site.

What type of Legnum are you after ? Colour, Specs etc ?

G

Unregistered
G'Day greg ... great to add another WA member to the ranks ... we'll hopefully get some of the VR4's together soon, ur welcome to come take a look and help u decide wat u want ;)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
That's not a bead idea mate, you should go and see on in the flesh to really get an understanding of how ace these baby's are. Great to see more lurker's starting to participate too, hope we can all help with the big decisions.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the warm welcome all,

I am yet to see one in the flesh and am thinking about dropping in on the
RPW dyno gig on Sunday as it looks like there will be at least one Legnum
there. Let me know if any of you guys are going and I'll come say g'day.

Now as for specs and decisions, well that may take a while but, luckily I am
not in any hurry.
I have a preference to the looks of the Supers but that red inside is
a party spoiler. :(
It is also my understanding that color choice is limited with the Super. (Silver or Red?)

Basic requirements are unmodified 2000+ GF-EC5W-LYGF w/Low legit Ks.
Preferences are Pearl White and no Woodgrain.
What was the story with the blue recaros? was that a Super that wasn't red inside?
I'll have to go back and read that thread again. :rolleyes:

I have someone in Japan that will do the leg(num) work for me and he will be
contacting the comp workshops in oz so we can get the pricing right.
Locally, DCImports have suggested that they will be doing Legnum/Galant certs soon..
I'll be keeping in touch with them as local comp would be nice.
So, by the time I make up my mind, have my friend turn up the right car, there
may well be a Perth workshop available. woohoo... (Yeah, I know... dreaming) :D

Time for some more AYC now.
Cheers,
Greg

(Anti Yawn Coffee) ;)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
It shouldn't be too hard to find a white 2000+ with Recaros. It will probably depend on if you want auto or manual. Good luck with your search, it is an exciting time.

Go and check one out if you can, I have never seen one in the flesh, when mine arrives it will be the first time :D (people are amazed that I have bought a car that I have never seen an example of before)

G

Unregistered
Good to see a fellow import Mitsubishi owner joining us here, hope you "upgrade" to a legnum soon :p

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
welcome greg!

the ol' legnum is certainly proving popular here as a family bus, might be down a bit on space compared to an australian wagon, but it makes up for it with the handling and go ;)

G

Unregistered
It shouldn't be too hard to find a white 2000+ with Recaros. It will probably depend on if you want auto or manual. Good luck with your search, it is an exciting time.

Go and check one out if you can, I have never seen one in the flesh, when mine arrives it will be the first time :D (people are amazed that I have bought a car that I have never seen an example of before)

i'm in the same boat

hell, i started the import process after seeing one picture of one. :p

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
hello mate welcome to the forum. i'm in england uk

G

Unregistered
If u WA boys read this in the morning, I'm going to check out the RPW dyno day ... U can come for a spin in my Leggy if u want ;)

G

Unregistered
Ah another WA'er on the cusp lol. I've not seen any mention of blue recaros? And I too my be pushed over the edge by local compliance being available!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The blueish/grey recaro's were standard from late 2000 to the end of production. They are rare and you should expect to hold out a little while if you really want some.

If you are ok with either gearbox option then trying to find a 2000 or later model is fairly easy, and thank god they had realised the woodgrain looked like crap by that stage!

Top Bottom