Guard Rolling - Good places to get it done?

G

Unregistered
I want to get my guards rolled a little to clear my wheels a bit better, any one have any good suggestions on good places to get it done in Victoria?

Pref East side of the city, south east if possible :p

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i've just rolled my rear guards today.. and even if you heat the hell out the guards.. the paint cracks.. so it seems like I'll have to get them repainted.. lucky enough its just on the inside lip of the guards..

G

Unregistered
depends on condition of the paint. (any repairs etc)

you don't need to heat the hell out of it... i warmed mine with a hair drier and had no issues

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i dont think there were any previous repairs on either side.. cause when the paint chipped it showed the bare metal.. usually if it was repaired you'd see the all paint primers and stuff right?

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
i dont think there were any previous repairs on either side.. cause when the paint chipped it showed the bare metal.. usually if it was repaired you'd see the all paint primers and stuff right?

Hmmm, I always thought all cars came from factory with atleast one undercoat of primer.:confused:

Sorry excuse my ignorance but what is guard rolling? I always though it was the same as tubbing the outer shell.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
guard rolling eliminates the 'rubbing' from your wheels when you've lowered your car..

i never had rubbing issues cause of my excessive negative camber, but that's all fixed up now :D

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hmmm, perhaps you can try these guys - $45 per corner. Just found the link when reading up about guard rolling. Obviously have never used them!

Drift Shop Australia
www.driftshop.com.au
driftshop@optushome.com.au
biggrin.gif

G

Unregistered
Sorry excuse my ignorance but what is guard rolling? I always though it was the same as tubbing the outer shell.

similar, just what we are doing isn't as drastic,
if you run you hand along the rear guard you will notice it folds in about 15mm,
what we do it bend it further up so it doesn't stick into the body allowing a wider tyre to get past it without rubbing

Stinger

Crunching Gears
First Name
Phil
Drive
Ae86 Trueno
Contact Vu at DT Panels in springvale.

He uses Anthid (also on ns.com)

The best.............(alot say so......)

Top Bottom