HALTECH Miniceptor Legnum Support - Rumor

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
When dropping of my Legnum this morning to Brisbane Turbo at "The Gabba" I got talking to the owner about after market ECU's for it. He showed me a Miniceptor that he had in stock ready to be installed into a Legnum "This Friday", apparently for a car at Brisbane Street Machines. I questioned him about the wiring data, which I had been trying to source, he said that he'd been able to get all the required info out of Mitsu "head office". This information he'd then supplied to HALTECH in Sydney and they where editing the required software.
If I can get any more information I'll keep you posted.
I for one am excited about this as the interceptor is a far cheaper option than a full ECU. He said that the Miniceptor supplied, fitted and tuned would come in at $1300.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Good detective work Pete! Keep us posted.

What would the price be for a full Haltech installed and tuned?

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Is the Miniceptor the same as the interceptor? It doesn't come up on Haltechs site.

It's just a matter of time really :) I know they've done Magna's and Evos. I'm sure the wiring would be very similar between those two.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Good detective work Pete! Keep us posted.

What would the price be for a full Haltech installed and tuned?

cheers

Lee

John said a E8 supplied, fitted and tuned would set you back about $3K. The E8 alone is $1.8K.

I'm not sure about the plug and play wiring harness. It says VR4 but doesn't give a year range.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Is the Miniceptor the same as the interceptor? It doesn't come up on Haltechs site.

It's just a matter of time really :) I know they've done Magna's and Evos. I'm sure the wiring would be very similar between those two.

I think they are the same except the MINI has a different case. The one I saw was about the size of two packs of cigarettes placed together.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
lol at his optimism of getting the wiring info from Mitsi. In NZ they couldn't tell me, christ the head mechanics over here thought that the ecu on NZ new ones had 3 plugs and the JDM's had 4 plugs, hence they were different. They wouldn't listen to me when I told them that the auto ecu had 3 plugs and that the NZ new ones were just JDM cars, and that there were some NZ new manuals sold that had just an engine ecu with 4 plugs, they refused to acknowledge the existance of NZ new manual VR-4's!

Then I just gave up and told them to bloody well give me whatever the hell pinouts they had and to stop being so difficult. They then said that they didn't have any pinouts anyway!

Top Bottom