Haltech Question

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Hey guys, does anyone know if I can run a haltech with the automatic? Does the auto use the maf for a load reference?

I want to remove the hassle of intake piping over the auto through the stock maf sensor if possible.

Would like to avoid a manual conversion(I have a manual galant aswell) until the auto goes bang(has 34000 kays on it).

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
from memory a member from WA used haltech with his big turbo setup and retained the stock ecu cause of the auto trans computer

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
I used a haltech but had to keep the original ecu to run the trans. Basically the haltech has to be wired in as a piggy back. This also leads to idle issues as the haltech and stock ecu don't communicate with each other.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Hmm that sounds horrid. And with my cams the idle issues will be worse I would imagine.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
use stock ecu, i dont see why you cant use it..

you also have 2 choices...

Speed Density or use GM MAF with MAF Translator which you can also installed inline (post turbo)

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
Haltech means I can trust more than just TMEsteve for tuning.
I really want to keep the auto so gm maf w/translator might be the way to go then.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
If you want the auto you're stuck with factory ecu

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
Sadface

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
How often are you planning on needing a retune?

Learn to self tune....

Top Bottom