NZ Hello from Feilding NZ

Biggums

97 COTY Legnum
Lifetime Member
First Name
James
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4 COTY
Hey all after stalking this page for a year and owning my COTY Legnum for about 7 months now I've decided to upgrade to a Lifetime Membership to track the progress of my build and to make sure I'm actually doing everything right haha
Managed to buy this girl at 18 she's my dream car and I can't wait to turn her into the street monster she deserves to be she's a bit rough around the edges but once I'm done she will be beautiful.
So far I've replaced the pod filter the previous owner had in her and swapped in a K&N filter into the stock air box and put some rear badges on her as she was missing them when I bought her. Also she's loud as all hell courtesy of a full straight pipe to a 4.5 inch tip (the neighbours hate my 6 o'clock start ups hahaha)
Next is installing oil pressure and boost gauges

Also thought I'd ask while I'm here if anyone has any tips on fixing cracks in bumpers as the new one I've bought to repaint and put on her has some cracks I want to fix thanks in advance!! :D
(If anyone in the Feilding/Palmy area wants an apprentice mechanic hit me up I'm keen to learn anything you're willing to teach me)

49056693_227577424832880_6288439661647888384_n.jpg
57446511_686163318453095_4320977828397973504_n.jpg
57485090_367521480528027_5751070331578089472_n.jpg
57485305_799360110434004_8951720754156666880_n.jpg
58380543_2425986747432388_2958937376920961024_n.jpg

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Good to see more in NZ taking care of them instead of running them into the ground as is the norm.over here.

Biggums

97 COTY Legnum
Lifetime Member
First Name
James
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4 COTY
Good to see more in NZ taking care of them instead of running them into the ground as is the norm.over here.
Yeah it makes me really sad cause basically everyone I've talked to says they're piles of shit but clearly no one has ever seen a clean one as all these "boyracers" full on send them and abuse them until they blow up and die

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome aboard, James.

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

zacnz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
Current 2001 fl vr4

(Previous) 1996 pfl legnum vr4

(Previous) 1999 fl legnum st
Nice to see another leggy round the lower north. I'm from the wairarapa and currently out've the vr4 game after some lovely person backed into me and wrote if off.

Biggums

97 COTY Legnum
Lifetime Member
First Name
James
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4 COTY
Nice to see another leggy round the lower north. I'm from the wairarapa and currently out've the vr4 game after some lovely person backed into me and wrote if off.
Damn that sucks man :/ my uncle said there's a VR4 down the road from where he lives that looks like it has been written off.. might be yours? Think he's out of Pahiatua I'm pretty sure

zacnz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
Current 2001 fl vr4

(Previous) 1996 pfl legnum vr4

(Previous) 1999 fl legnum st
Damn that sucks man :/ my uncle said there's a VR4 down the road from where he lives that looks like it has been written off.. might be yours? Think he's out of Pahiatua I'm pretty sure

Wont be mine. I'm masterton based and the car is currently having fun in a paddock still. Was going to put it in a demolition derby as it wasnt really worth parting out although the silly no awd rule and no removing axles rule means that's a no go

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Welcome! I live in Auckland, though my VR4 is still in Australia.

Top Bottom