QLD Hello there OZVR4

matto2008

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mathew
Drive
EC5A Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Hi there, Name's Mat

Proud owner of a 1996 EC5A Galant VR4. Im here looking for advice and help, and hope in some way to contribute to these forums.

matto2008

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mathew
Drive
really could use some help actually, although im proud of my car im a little distressed by it, having a few engine problems.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Welcome Matt everyone on here is really helpful and plenty knowledge too. These cars can be distressing at times but very rewarding too. How long have you had the car?

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Welcome To OzVR4

Do you have photo of your car ? Sometimes people here might recognize it and maybe know it.

Hopefully problem your having is a easy fix, what it doing ?

matto2008

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Thanks for the warm welcome folks! ive had it a total of 4 months, was all roadworthy and all that with a legit sale, but you never know what kind of ape wrote the safety cert. shes chugging like a diesel and smelling of fuel. i changed the plugs and tested the coils and they were fine, tomorrow i will replace the O2 sensor and the coolant sensors. I took a leap with the coolant sensor by buying magna/gto/pajero/triton/hg galant compatible ones so i hope they will fix it. it all started after a spirited run, i babied it home and thats where shes been since. (a week ago) Ill get a photo up soon but for now ill attach one here.
892240_10151963520999404_1524839470_o.jpg
1623746_10152127035084404_1865917506_n.jpg

matto2008

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mathew
Drive
yeah they are, amazing. prob is though, the car is having a bad idle and i cant drive it anywhere atm. ive changed coolant temp sensors, o2 sensor, spark plugs, tested coils, checked all intake piping and intercooler, no hissing of any substancial vacuum leak and im lost for ideas. im gonna take a look at where the timing is lined up, its a last ditch attempt before i declare my ecu dead and replace it.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Whoa don't jump straight to dead ecu, do a boost leak test and ensure your TPS is correctly aligned as a basic start. Also check your fault codes via the link in my sig.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome to the forum! Those are very interesting tail lights you've got there. Hope your problems get sorted soon. Plenty of experts on here to help!

G

Unregistered
Have you run codes to check for errors ( link is in VOLK's signature in the above post)
Could be a multitude of simple things, was it fine before this "spirited run"? Is so, what happened and how did the symptoms start to show?

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

Top Bottom