HELLO!

Jonty

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jon
Drive
Subaru
hey guys, just thought i'd sign up to this forum as i know how useful these types of things are.

I'm from melbourne, 24, and have never heard of such a thing as a legnum until a bit of searchin around for a wagon with a bit of go. i currently drive a 1990 nissan pintara trx (i'm a member of antrx.com) but it has had its day and its time to upgrade to something "special"; that's where you guys come in! ;)

was originally goin for the normal path of a rex hatch or a liberty wagon.... but then i saw the boot space of the rex hatch's and insurance wise even an n/a liberty (2007) is gonna kill me! so after a bit of searchin was down between either a nissan stagea, toyota caldina or mitsubishi legnum....

stageas are a little to boxy and big for my liking; caldina's lookin kinda funky and the boot space is big, but not big enuf.... so have decided to look for a late model legnum! :cool:

i've mainly joined up here cos i know there is an absolute wealth of info on such sites as these - as i found out from bein on antrx.com - plus i can get more personal info on the cars, as opposed to reviews and "car sales tactics"

anywho, feel free to ask me any questions, as i darsay i'll be askin quite a few meself!

cheers guys,

jon

PS: the reason for a wagon: need to cart around bike (mtb and/or road bike) and scuba gear! then thought why not have some power on hand "just incase" ;) :D

PPS: anyone here or know anyone sellin an uber clean legnum; preferably 99+ model (facelift); "the usual" requirements: low kms, not white, maunal.... cheers!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Jon, welcome to the site. You live in the 'VR-4 state' so drop into one of the Victorian meet ups and say g'day. There are plenty of guys that can answer your questions and show you their rides.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Mark you beat me to it again! Come on down to next weeks wash meet and see some in the metal Jon. I think we might be showing them off a bit so I'm sure a ride in one is on the books.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Jon,
well you've certainly come to the right place. You'll get all the right info here. As for a uber clean Legnum; preferably 99+ model (facelift), all you need to do is contact both of our resident vehicle importers and they'll set you right for sure.
Ben from J-Spec and Kristain "The Iron Chef". PM them. While your at it ask Kristain why "The Iron Chef"????

G

Unregistered
Jon u sound just like me ... Road bike and MTB ... I take my two mtb's un top of each other and they fit perfectly on top of each other with no need to take off the front wheel ... There is a thread on here with the pics of some of my bikes in the boot. The legnum IMHO is the best wagon out there by a long shot. The interiors are great (more so on the facelift, sorry pre-face lads) unless u score recaros ... there is heaps of torque and the AWD AYC is fantastic ...
I think u have found the right place for all your needs ... We have the freindly people, the importers live here in the back room and a wealth of human VR4 wikipedia's (brad, gly, keiran etc etc ...)

Jonty

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jon
Drive
Subaru
cheers for the warm welcome guys!

i've actually already been in contact with kristian from iron chef a month or so back enquiring about a late model legnum which was pretty hot: black, manual (i think), dolphin body kit, low km's.... the day i decided to bite the bullet, its gone! :eek: then just a couple of weeks back when a late model purple legnum was back up for sale, was umm'ing and ahh'ing about it for a week or so, then decided to go for it.... BANG! its gone AGAIN! so now i know if i'm pretty keen on it, just contact kristian straigh away! tho i suppose that's the gamble, u really dont know how much interest a car has had (apart from the "hits" counter) til its too late :rolleyes:

as for j-spec, have just started browsing his site and there's a few that hav caught me eye ;) just one quick qu: does anyone know why j-spec seems to have more legnums on offer than iron chef?

Jon u sound just like me ... Road bike and MTB ...

hehe, nice! what bikes u got? atm, me roadie is a full carbon azzzurri with ultegra groupset; mavic ksyrium sl wheels; michelin pro race 2 tyres; and me mtb is a full carbon scott scale 15. only just got the scott and its awesome! mtb'ing is sooo much more fun than road ridin! btw, i work in a bike store in prahran! ;) :D

time to go searchin this schweet site a bit more....

again, cheers guys!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if you see a facelift manual, you need to get it almost immediately, they do not last for long. Probably only 5-10% of the cars were manual, and about half of those are white

G

Unregistered
hehe, nice! what bikes u got? atm, me roadie is a full carbon azzzurri with ultegra groupset; mavic ksyrium sl wheels; michelin pro race 2 tyres; and me mtb is a full carbon scott scale 15. only just got the scott and its awesome! mtb'ing is sooo much more fun than road ridin! btw, i work in a bike store in prahran! ;) :D

time to go searchin this schweet site a bit more....

again, cheers guys!

I have a Felt S22 full Dura Ace (imported from New York) and just bought a new Giant Yukon to give the mtbing a go ... and I agree it is really heaps more fun.
I used to do Triathlons but I'm losing a little motivation this year.

Ur bike sounds good, I have seen the Azzurri's they are v.nice.
I usually buy my tyres and stuff from probikekit.com which kill the tyre prices of australia.
Definately need to get u in a leggy mate. :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome Jon!

You wont be disappointed with a legnum, just hang in there and the right one will come up ;)

J-spec list cars available in Japan and approx costs for landing & compliance, where as Iron chef only puts up cars he has actually bought and their approx cost (which sometimes bites him in the pocket :p)

Top Bottom