SA Hello

Moose

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
Legnum
Decided to try out the AWD scene and got myself possibly the worst legnum that was for sale. has its fair share of issues that im trying to sort out but thought id make an intro before i start making posts about my issues. its a 1999 FL auto, main issue is the audible pinging when accelerating getting a knocksum of 9. so trying to sort that out

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Welcome! Are getting the knock values from evoscan?

There is a lot of info on this forum so feel free to abuse the search button.

I know people had issues with knock while tuning due to engine mounts. Unsure if this was "artificial" knock or actual knock.

Moose

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
Legnum
yeah getting them from evoscan, it is audible so not artificial knock got it down to 6 with some timing changes but couldnt get it any lower

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Possibly it was just poorly tuned? Engine mounts could be worth looking at.

Moose

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
Legnum
seemed to have stock maps looking at others base timing and fuel maps, and don't think it was previously tuned as it was completely stock apart from a rear muffler delete, coilovers and a manual boost controller that i took off. i put a 600x300x76 intercooler, and a dw200 fuel pump in it. making a 3inch exhaust and putting a wideband in it this weekend so while im under it ill sus out the engine mounts aswell

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Sounds like you are doing all the right things!

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Welcome to the forums!

Seeing as you're in SA, happy to lend a hand. I know quite a bit about the OEM ecu and fuel injection system.

Let us know what you find with your wideband. Any boost/vacuum leaks will mess with AFRs too. Stock tune is on the richer side, and fuel table is a 'target' AFR so don't expect the values to match perfectly.

Top Bottom