Help with ASA (Reading Japanese)

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Hi

I couldn't find any threads about conrod bearing sizes, if I have missed something please point me in the correct direction.

Is anyone familiar with reading Japanese? A few of us in NZ are after bearing kits (conrods, mains etc) but there is some difficulty getting the correct part numbers from ASA (and of course relating it to the 6a13 engine manual) because it is in Japanese.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kenneth

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
Kenneth, Adam and I have all we need. The 6A12 workshop manual available on the net explains how to figure out WHICH bearing size you need, and we have a pdf from Bill at Ralliart that has the part numbers for each size.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Scott I rang Kenneth earlier today regarding bearings. None of works suppliers seem to have a listing for them. and Bill can't make sense of the markings on the crank/blocks so Kenneth is trying to decode the japanese stuff he has to get an exact part number for us to email Bill with

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
These two images show how you identify which size bearings you need:

conrod-bearing-sizes.png

mains-bearing-sizes.png

The part numbers are as follows, conrod bearings:

SizePart No
1MD344363
2MD344364
3MD344365

Mains bearings:

SizePart No
1MD344357
2MD344358
3MD344359
4MD344360
5MD344361

The numbers on the left of these tables are the numbers referred to on the right of the tables from the workshop manual.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Very helpful thanks.

MD344365 x 6 / MD344361 x 4 / MD344362 x 1

refer also link / link

Top Bottom