Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
Upgraded the rims with Enkei Vulcan 18x8 +45 Offset Tires are 225/40/18 Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+

So close to the suspension but does not touch.:)

IMG_20220601_201219269_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220601_201213444_HDR.jpg

Lesac

Stateside
First Name
Kevin
Drive
1996 Legnum VR4
1991 MR2
1991 Sambar
Id like to add PFL brake rotors to your list
Rears are for a early AWD 95 talon or eclipse, you want the set that is vented
Fronts are the same as an AWD 06 outlander.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Here in AU, AWD Magna/Veradas use the same pads as a VR4, so presumably the calliper is the same?

Magna/Verada is what the rest of the world knows as a Diamante. USDM Diamantes sedans and wagons were made here in AU.

It might be another avenue worth looking into for brake parts like rebuild kits, pads, etc

ps. Second gen Diamante like a F41A, F46A, F47A, etc

Lesac

Stateside
First Name
Kevin
Drive
1996 Legnum VR4
1991 MR2
1991 Sambar
Stateside we never got an awd version of the magna/diamante, but im unsure how different the front brakes are on the two cars.
I know pads and rotors are the same as a few of the above cars but are the calipers the same also?
I am in need of a front right caliper for a 96 legnum vr4. Is there another car that has the same calipers? seems very similar to outlander/eclipse as well

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
damn that's a shame. the FWD callipers are very different.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Here in AU, AWD Magna/Veradas use the same pads as a VR4, so presumably the calliper is the same?

Magna/Verada is what the rest of the world knows as a Diamante. USDM Diamantes sedans and wagons were made here in AU.

It might be another avenue worth looking into for brake parts like rebuild kits, pads, etc

ps. Second gen Diamante like a F41A, F46A, F47A, etc
If this is true then 380 brakes would be a very good upgrade. a 9th gen Galant in the US.

Big twin pots.

Mattalot

Sparkly Oil
First Name
Matt
Drive
2006 Subaru Liberty Spec.B Manual

1998 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Auto

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual (Aus Spec)

2021 Daihatsu Copen GR Manual
If this is true then 380 brakes would be a very good upgrade. a 9th gen Galant in the US.

Big twin pots.
I have heard before that the 380 brakes fit.
But can't confirm it myself

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line

Big twin pots.
I believe 380 brakes were slightly different to Magna/Verada. not to say they wouldnt fit if someone tried, this is purely based off the pads they take.

AWD Magnas had two calliper types, late TJ onwards? (I think) is the same as VR4.
L200/Triton (K7xT) with twin pot callipers at the front were the same as well.

I've got my old VR4 callipers in a box somewhere and was going to look into putting them on my K76T triton... cos racecar :D

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
I believe 380 brakes were slightly different to Magna/Verada. not to say they wouldnt fit if someone tried, this is purely based off the pads they take.

AWD Magnas had two calliper types, late TJ onwards? (I think) is the same as VR4.
L200/Triton (K7xT) with twin pot callipers at the front were the same as well.

I've got my old VR4 callipers in a box somewhere and was going to look into putting them on my K76T triton... cos racecar :D
380 brakes are far bigger than Magna & Verada, a common upgrade for them.
They are much bigger than factory VR4 brakes. If you can get 380 brakes I would highly recommend them.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
380 brakes are far bigger than Magna & Verada, a common upgrade for them.
They are much bigger than factory VR4 brakes. If you can get 380 brakes I would highly recommend them.
Do you actually know for a fact that they work/fit on our cars?

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Do you actually know for a fact that they work/fit on our cars?

No but they are cheap enough you could try. Mitsubishi brake/hub combos seem to be a bit of a mystery.

I sold my Brembos to a guy with a TE magna and he said they bolted straight up. If this is the case then 380 brakes should too.

As per @BCX perhaps their magna already had TJ/TJ s2 hubs? Meaning that in theory 380 brakes should bolt up to FL hubs...

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Definitely can confirm Brembos work on an FWD TJ, have a magna crazy mate.

I want to go to wreckers soon... so if I get time, will pull a 380 calliper off and try on a Magna, and get some measurements.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Definitely can confirm Brembos work on an FWD TJ, have a magna crazy mate.

I want to go to wreckers soon... so if I get time, will pull a 380 calliper off and try on a Magna, and get some measurements.

Mmmm going to a wrecker to get 380 brakes, feels like I am on my Ps again!! If brembos bolt up to a TJ then 380 brakes should work on a FL VR4! Good mod and way more cost effective than brembos.

Moose

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
Legnum
Can confirm 380 brakes fit on a facelift, went out and brought some from a wreckers today and tried them. bolt straight on and can use the 380 brake hose but the clamp near the hub does not hold the brake line the best, as the fitting on the line is facing the opposite way

Top Bottom