hi all at ozvr4

G

Unregistered
new qld member here, nice site looks tight ;).

currently don't have a VR4 in my garage. Thought id send a word through the community im looking for the elusive LOW KMs black manual VR4 legnum/galant with leather & sunroof - complied & rego'd.

pm me if you know someone looking to sell or your a importer with stock ready to go. please note all of the above options are a must.

cheers

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
welcome! you wont find one to those specs already complied and rego'd, but if your patient enough, you may find one in japan (you could be waiting up to a year). Do you want a facelift (series 2, 98-02) or a prefacelift (series 1, 96-98)?

Another option is to get a black manual with sunroof, and then purchase the leather interior seperately.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hi Matt,

I've got a black manual facelift (series 2) with sunroof getting complied at the moment. It took me two months to find and I'm paying quite a premium for something this rare (I was paying money towards it within hours of finding out about it). In the five months I've known about these cars I have NEVER heard of a black manual with sunroof AND leather, and I've only heard of a single black manual going up at auction in Japan (mine was found at a random dealer's in Japan). Not that its impossible, but it is such a rare combination you may well never see it. As Simon suggested, you'd be far better off looking for a black manual with sunroof and getting the leather interior later.

Have a chat to Kristian of Iron Chef Imports fame, or Ben Lippa from J-Spec. Both of these guys are very knowledgeable, helpful and experienced import agents who will give you a good idea of what's available and how likely you are to find what you're looking for. You can find their details in their respective sections of these forums.

Best of luck!! :D

G

Unregistered
In the five months I've known about these cars I have NEVER heard of a black manual with sunroof AND leather, and I've only heard of a single black manual going up at auction in Japan (mine was found at a random dealer's in Japan).

yea tell me about it... ive been looking for a while and every one i like is either missing the sunroof or the leather.

Theres a black manual 97 legnum with a sunroof available in Japan at the moment and its going cheap only 13k landed & complied but its got high km's reading 117000 and no leather. LINK HERE

Do you want a facelift (series 2, 98-02) or a prefacelift (series 1, 96-98)?.

Pre facelift is fine.

Im not waiting a year for a maybe, spose i could do without the leather this summer ?.

cheers

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi Matt, welcome to the site.

Good luck with your search. If you can't find exactly what you want, I would compromise and bank the difference.

Remember, Purple is the new Black :p

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Hi Matt, I'll keep an eye out, but you've got more chance of finding the Abominable Snowman... ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Just to give you some idea, at a rough estimate only about 10% of Legnums were made as manual. Only about 12% were black, so you're down to 1.2%. Of those, at a guess maybe 30% were leather, and maybe 30% had sunroofs (both fairly generous). So you're talking AROUND about an optimistic 0.1% of all Legnums had the combo you want. I think its more likely to be ten times less than this.

Somewhere in the forums Brad's posted a list of the number of Legnums and Galants that were produced each year. I think you'd probably be talking about single or low double figures were EVER produced with the options you want.

Now with Australia and some European countries looking for these cars the prices are being pushed up, as good examples are being fought after at auction. So ASSUMING you ever find this rare diamond, how much will you be prepared to pay for it? 'Cause I guarantee a car like this will go for quite a lot...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
You'd be better off finding a nice manual with a sunroof, spray painting it black and re-trimming the interior - would work out about the same money you'd have to pay for all the other features...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
or buy a manual car that is black, then get another one with a leather interior, swap the interiors and sell the other one off.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Kristian's suggestion is easier, Brad's is much cheaper (practically free leather interior) but more involved and time consuming. EITHER option will be a hell of a lot faster and easier to find and get on the road than getting the exact specs you want, and probably cheaper, too. But no one's saying you'd NEVER find one with enough patience and money - its just extremely unlikely :)

Oh one other alternative - get a black AUTO and a manual with black leather, if you can find one, and swap the gearbox too... Manual gearboxes bolt straight on. But then, this is probably WAAAY more work than you'd be interested in tackling!!

G

Unregistered
So ASSUMING you ever find this rare diamond, how much will you be prepared to pay for it? 'Cause I guarantee a car like this will go for quite a lot...

wow angel i didn't realise it would be that hard to find one with all those options, cheers for those stat's. i guess somewhere around 18k for a smick one.
I'll hang on for a few weeks and see what i can find, not interested in changing gearboxes, waiting 12 weeks for import or buying two to make one. looking for something to unwrap by xmas.

I'll be in brissy/sunny coast next week available to view

oh and thx for keeping an eye out for me Iron Chef

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Matt,

if you want to see a few cars in the flesh, we're going for a cruise next Sunday from the southside of Brisbane. Have a look in the East Coast section.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
I fly down on the 3rd lee and will miss it unfortunately.... look forward to seeing some pics of the meet though.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Welcome to the forum

looking for something to unwrap by xmas.

You will defiantly have to get something that is already in Australia if you want it by then, but you probably wont find one with the specs that you are after within that amount of time.

Keep looking though you never know what you might find :D

Top Bottom