Hi All

G

Unregistered
Hey guys (and girls??)

At last! a forum for later model Galants!

I dont have a EC5W, But I have a converted HJ 5 door running GT spec 6A12TT and the 4wd gea, did the conversion myself a few months ago, the cars stock besides a cat back 3" stano exhaust and lowered.

Anybody else here have the HJ TT???

Mikey

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Welcome to the forum. Have a good look around and don't forget to post some pictures.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
hey Mikey, my brother has a HJ 2L V6, so if that engine ever dies it might get a 6A12TT plonked in.

We once looked at a HJ with a 6A12TT engine in it at a dealership - it had VR4 badging and we think it was 4WD too - possibly an import 7th gen vr4, or possibly a home job.

G

Unregistered
Hey Gilly!

Was it a sedan or a hatch? Only the VR4 was a sedan, and the GT was the hatch, the GT was a cut down version, no cruise, adjustable suspension and no 4ws etc.

if the motor goes, I erge you to go AWD as well, my previous galant I had also converted to TT but left it front wheel drive, it was actually pretty damn scary to drive!l way to much wheel spin, was fun though, untill some scum bucket low life scum bag decided they wanted it more than I did and never to be seen again :( This time round I went all wheel drive, so so much better!

Thanks for the welcoms guys!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome Mikey, where abouts in NSW are you ?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Always nice to have more people joining our little community, especially one's with experience with Galants. Old or new.

G

Unregistered
Cheers snickles!

I guess you could say im smack in the middle! haha..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Mikey, welcome to the forums :) I would have thought a conversion from front to AWD would be a massive job??! Did the car already have space in the floor pan for it?

G

Unregistered
G'day Mikey, welcome to the forums :) I would have thought a conversion from front to AWD would be a massive job??! Did the car already have space in the floor pan for it?

Hey there.

The whole conversion took me 11 days, half that time was devoted to doing the floor mods, the rear captive studs need to be modded to hold the rear cradle, and sections of the tunel have to be replaced to make way for the tailshaft mounts and exhaust, the tunnel is quite different, lucky for me I ordered all the right bits and the doner car was a GT (also a hatch) so all the electrics pluged in etc. Allthough if I was to do it again I would ask for more of the floor pan. its not a massive job, depends on your defanition of massive I guess! Ill post some pics later on.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Gilly!

Was it a sedan or a hatch? Only the VR4 was a sedan, and the GT was the hatch, the GT was a cut down version, no cruise, adjustable suspension and no 4ws etc.

if the motor goes, I erge you to go AWD as well, my previous galant I had also converted to TT but left it front wheel drive, it was actually pretty damn scary to drive!l way to much wheel spin, was fun though, untill some scum bucket low life scum bag decided they wanted it more than I did and never to be seen again :( This time round I went all wheel drive, so so much better!

Thanks for the welcoms guys!

It was a hatch, so Im pretty certain it was a home job. Come to think of it, I think it was still FWD. Theres no way we could afford to convert it to 4WD if we ever do the TT conversion. It would be cheaper just to ditch the car (or sell it for parts) and buy an 8g vr4 for 10k (plus its a much better car!)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Woohoo!! Bring on the Sydney siders!! :D

I'm out in western sydney...I'll have to bring my 8g so you can have a look at it and so I can have a look at yours!! :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ill post some pics later on.
Please do - I'd love to see how you went about it. I've known quite a few people who have don't some fairly serious engine transplants, but everyone I've ever asked has told me its madness to consider upgrading FWD to AWD. Nice to finally find someone prepared to have a go at it!

G

Unregistered
Please do - I'd love to see how you went about it. I've known quite a few people who have don't some fairly serious engine transplants, but everyone I've ever asked has told me its madness to consider upgrading FWD to AWD. Nice to finally find someone prepared to have a go at it!

I have also done a AWD conversion on a CC lancer coupe, also running a 6A12, single turbo, quite a few people have done the AWD on the coupe, not all that hard either, unfortunaltly due to lack of funds I have pretty much given up on the coupe build :(

Seeing as the Galant and lancer's come AWD from the factory it makes things pretty easy going AWD as long as you have the right parts!

here come some pics.

Attachments

• bg_9.jpg
    bg_9.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 31
  • bg_12.jpg
    bg_12.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 32
  • bg_13.jpg
    bg_13.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 27
  • bg_16.jpg
    bg_16.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 27
  • bg_14.jpg
    bg_14.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 28
G

Unregistered
few more pics of the conversion.

Attachments

• bg_17.jpg
    bg_17.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 26
  • bg_19.jpg
    bg_19.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 24
  • bg_23.jpg
    bg_23.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
  • bg_32.jpg
    bg_32.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 23
  • bg_33.jpg
    bg_33.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 29

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Dude that is freaken COOL! I dread to think what the inspectors at the licensing centres over here would have to say about all those welds to the floor pan, though... If they can defect your car for an upgraded intercooler, imagine what they'd say about a frankenstein like this?! :(

G

Unregistered
as long as its engineered you're fine.

its when you upgrade things without engineers approval that they can defect you for.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
looks good mate i love the way you say wasnt a big job and then i look at half the car that you welded back together again, that to me is an enormous job not one i would undertake but good to see someone does it thou, there are always people that want mods like that. i know i wanted to do stuff to my cordia but in the end i didnt know enough and to pay someone else just costs too much to do it.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
looks good Mikey, i could only ever dream of having the skills to do something like that!

Welcome along too.

Top Bottom