Hi from isochroman // Clare - Melbourne

G

Unregistered
Hello OZVR4, I just want to introduce myself to you all, some of you already know me as Steve's (Snickells) partner in crime.
I don't know a lot about these great cars so I thought I should make an effort, especially as 'our' Leggie is on its way. That and Steve is threatening to write a test for me before I am allowed to drive it! So I might need to start cramming.

No seriously, I was a little concerned when Steve decided to buy a 'family' car that had the words "twin turbo" after it. But after being lucky enough to go for a ride in Jason's car I am very glad he did and look forward to our new addition (the car, not just our baby).

I have to confess I am a little lost with modern cars, because I am a massive fan of the old (late 60's early 70's) with the Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros and Corvettes being my love. I am lucky enough to own my dream car ('67 Mustang) and am looking forward to Steve having the same experience when his Leggie arrives.

So hello and bare with me as I learn about engines without carburettors!:)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Hi Clare, welcome to the forums - I'm glad you just know what a carburettor is ;)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi Clare, Welcome to the forum.

My wife was also suspicious when I told her I wanted a Japanese import "family" car, until she heard the bit about the twin turbo's, then she knew why I wanted one.

Post up some pics of your Stang, I would love to see it.

Welcome again,

Mark

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Can everyone feel the love in this forum? :D

This is the first car forum/club I've been involved with which:

a) isn't full of just guys
b) isn't full of single guys living at home :)
c) members "other/better halves" drop in and say hello

keep up the good work people!!

I shall have to put more pressure on my fiancee to show an interest!

I tried the other day and got the following reply when I told her I would make a petrol head out of her eventually:

"I'm not a petrol-head, I'm a princess..." (anyone remember Kindergarten Cop??)

cheers

Lee

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome Clare! certainly is a bit of a family feel around here, which is great, much more relaxed!

G

Unregistered
Thanks a lot everyone, I feel very welcomed and hope to meet a few of you at future events.

G

Unregistered
Hi Clare, Welcome to the forum.

My wife was also suspicious when I told her I wanted a Japanese import "family" car, until she heard the bit about the twin turbo's, then she knew why I wanted one.

Post up some pics of your Stang, I would love to see it.

Welcome again,

Mark

I understand your wife's thoughts with that one.
I will post up some pics of my love (sorry Steve, I mean the stang!) tonight.

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Hello and Welcome Claire.
Good to hear from a fellow better half,I too can't wait to see the photo's of the Stang, my sister and her hubby are in the process of restoring a 68 Mustang which they have almost finished.
I too also only know mostly about older cars .When I was younger I was always under the car when my Dad was working on it. He wasn't a mechanic but tought himself everything about them by doin all the servicing and repairs because he couldn't afford to get it done,and he was always patient and showed me how to do the work as well.But nowdays I lost with all the newer cars.
We have a 96 legnum which we have had for 2 weeks,I'm very fortunate to drive most of the week and I'm very impressed with the car.
Melinda

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Welcome Clare, I think you were at the very first Vic meet! So you have bragging rights to all new comers from here on in! Well done!
Steve mentioned you had signed up, and that you were reading on the sidelines, I am glad you stopped by to say hi! Might see you at Pancake Parlour next Tuesday night!

Good luck with the exam! lol

P.S. Look out, Van will send you a PM about your use of "non-site generic font" and "over use of colour palette" with your type colour! lol
shhhhhh here he comes....look busy!

G

Unregistered
Welcome, you definently are the better half of the relationship :p

I have seen the Stang when Steve brought it down to one of the car wash meets, i hope you can make it to the Pancake parlour, and Keep Steven under control for us ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Welcome to the site. VR-4's seem to attract nice owners, everyone I've met in NZ and spoken to in the UK, Aus, Russia, and all over the world has been very nice, none of the boy racer/ricer/chav or whatever you call them over there types at all on the forums which is great!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I love it how the Legnum is "our" car, yet the mustang is YOUR car!

And thanks Jase, you just made my list.. :p

Harves

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rob
Drive
Formally a 1990 Mitsubishi Galant GSR until someone smashed it.
I love it how the Legnum is "our" car, yet the mustang is YOUR car!

And thanks Jase, you just made my list.. :p

My misses says
"what's yours is mine and what's mine is me own" :confused::confused:

G

Unregistered
Hi Melinda,
Sounds like you and I had a similar childhood! My dad is a car nut too, who specializes in exotic vehicles of the 40's. I didn't get to put the pics of the stang up yet, but will (Steve's fault). You will have to tell me all about the the '68 mustang. Is it the coupe/convert/fastback. If it is the fastback then big respect points there.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
My all time favourite Stang is the Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet :)

G

Unregistered
Mach 1

My all time favourite Stang is the Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet :)

I have to say that is one of the best mustangs ever made, nice choice
icon14.gif

I have already told Steve that my next one is the '69 Mach 1, cause GOD they amazing. Might have to save for a bit though, and save for an extension to our garage.

Top Bottom