hi guys and gals

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
If you buy one with AYC make sure there are no noises from it - ie accelerate like you would be doing a drift around a corner ether from stationary position or while moving – you should not slide out or hear ANY noises from the back.
Do this to both right and left turns to make sure, its expensive to repair and very annoying as a noise, I had mine making noises but it was completely fine just annoying.
Make sure the engine is cold and you go and see it early in the morning - touch the engine to check that’s its completely cold and have not been warmed up fo you – the if you start the car you should hear ticking noises if tappets are stuck - not a major drama just again annoying.
While if it has been even mildly warmed up it might be not making the noises.
All depends what price you pay, what you pay is what you get unless you are very lucky.
http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/usedc...ostcode/results_TRUE/ID_P9086745/vehicle.html
Here is an intriguing one for sale
And be patient don’t jump at first one!
PS hopefully I make sense as my sentencing is not very good.
GOOD LUCK

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Why would someone sell/swap a car that he owned for 1week? hmm...

Is it auto or manual? If it's automatic you do know the S1 had 20hp less?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I would be suss on this car knowing that the owner has only owned it a week and is already trying to get rid of it. Does he have a good reason why? Could but nothing but it does raise a big question mark.

From what Ive heard alot of these cars have noisy tappets and it doesn't seem to cause any major dramas so I wouldn't try to hard to search for one that doesnt tick

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
i didnt realise that he has only had the car for a few weeks.......i know its running out of rego soon but so is mine

his reason for wanting to sway is that he wants something that is cheap to get power out of which is fair enough as the 2J's are pretty easy to get performance parts for

i cant check for tappet noise as we are both driving 5 hours (me from brissy, him from newcastle) so the engine will well and truly be warm. I will however take it for a test drive and see if it makes any noises it shouldnt

if there are some small issues im not too fussed as i have made him awhare of what needs doing to mine. I will be a bit annoyed however if its completely stuffed and i have to drive 10 hours for nothing

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
From what Ive heard alot of these cars have noisy tappets and it doesn't seem to cause any major dramas so I wouldn't try to hard to search for one that doesnt tick

If it ticks, something is wrong! It'll reduce the engine lifetime if you don't get the lifters fixed. If you don't go with genuine ones they aren't to expensive either.

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
Why would someone sell/swap a car that he owned for 1week? hmm...

Is it auto or manual? If it's automatic you do know the S1 had 20hp less?

im not too worried really......i dont really use my current car to its full ability that much, its relatively stock and is just as fast as an evo 8 in a straight line (in my experience)

its only a weekend car as i have a work car for during the week......i actually havent driven my aristo for 3 months

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
well wish me luck im about to head off to hopefully make this swap

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
well its mine......holy crap these things are fun!

this particular example is probably the cleanest of any car ive seen this age

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Congrat's Riley,

Well time to extract your digit and get you very own Memebers Ride thread started, and show us the reason your face is aching from smiling so much !!!!

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
Congrat's Riley,

Well time to extract your digit and get you very own Memebers Ride thread started, and show us the reason your face is aching from smiling so much !!!!

already done......ill take some pics of my own this arvo and post them up to go along with the details

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
oh i just thought i would add that the girls seem to like these cars.....my gf doesnt.....but coming pulling into maccas on the way home last night some lovely young ladies were checking it out, and then on the way out i got a nice big wave as they drove past

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Chicks never wave at me........:sad:
Maybe its the two baby seats in the back :lol:

Top Bottom