Hi, Jason // North Adelaide

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hi guys, been here a few weeks but never got around to doing this.
I work in the import industry so fortunatly for me have daily exposure to some pretty cool cars, although it is still work so can't be all good:p
My current ride is a '90 Mazda 929 Fully optioned including power windows that dont work and ya cant get parts for, lol
In the shed I have a 1975 Galant Coupe, on its way to paint and awaiting the insertion of the '98 Triton 3.0 V6 quad cam and 5spd currently sitting next to it.
My missus' daily is a '94 MX6 5spd 4ws that is for sale to make way for our "new" car :)
We have ordered through work a 2002 Galant VR-4 manual no leather ( this missus doesn't like it) white, 18's, pod's and a cat back exhaust.
Anyway, I am looking forward to picking a few guys brains for info and hopefully help out myself when I can.
We are pretty social people that enjoy a good steak and a "quiet" bourbon, so would like to organise or join the odd cruise or displays a show days.
Although I dont comply Galants/Legnums we do most other popular models and I have been involved in imports since 1997 so if I can be of any help feel free to PM or email and I will be more than happy to answer what I can or steer in the right direction.
I think thats enough of a novel about me/us

Glad to be aboard,
Jason N Jane

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome Jason. Good to see another Adelaide person on board, hopefully catch up soon.

G

Unregistered
Hey man, welcome!

What condition is your '74 Galant in? I run http://grandJDM.com, so I have a bit of an interest in the classics ;). Let's see some pics!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome Jason, The pic of your car that I saw looks unreal. When are you going to get it ?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Stripe Gally lowered.JPG
Hey man, welcome!

What condition is your '74 Galant in? I run http://grandJDM.com, so I have a bit of an interest in the classics ;). Let's see some pics!

I searched for over 10 years for the "right" coupe. He is a one owner 1975 model, Originally an auto 1600 ( desired for mod's as the auto's had a bigger trans tunnel) Had minmal rust and was straight. nice tidy interiour.
On it's way to paint, based on Hot house green lightened with bright silver and some bands across the rear 1/4's and boot. I have had all 4 gaurds pumped 3 inches (looks like GTO bolt ons without the bolts, lol) front gaurd indicators removed and smoothed, Galant vents removed from "C" pillars and fuel filler smoothed (fuel cell filled from inside the boot).
All chrome retained and de-badged. I have just got some NOS factory GTO gaurd mounted mirrors (you know the one's mounted way, wwaaaaaay down the front)
Anyway, should be pretty cool when finished (hopefully, it has eaten atleast a years wages and STILL isn't finished LOL :( )
Sorry to rant on a bit, but these are my passion, as are most 70's cool Jap cars. And I think you were interested, LOL.
I dont have any "media savvy" pic, all "old school" 35mm but I do have this computed image I made of the expected finished product that I will attemp to attach.
Cheers for reading and letting me rant,
Jason

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Welcome Jason, The pic of your car that I saw looks unreal. When are you going to get it ?

MY CAR?? dont remember posting pics, where are they, LOL. But there have been a "few too many" nights this week, lol. A mate told me that bourbon is the best cure for the flu, I have put this to the test and while it is good while under the effect, I am sure i feel worse the next day. He is independanly wealthy and doesn't work anymore so i guess this isn't an issue for him, LOL

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Another SA member and soon to be owner!! Is good to see we're catching up to the other states. I hope to see you on the road, from what i hear your car will be somewhat similar to mine, meaning i can be in two places at once, lol. Glad to hear such an enthusiast of cars is interested in VR4's. Good luck with your CARS and c u on the roads.

Top Bottom