Hi - Sam // Bendigo

amulday

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sam
Drive
1985 Toyota AE86, Chasing a Black Facelift Legnum.
Hey Guys

Currently in the market for a Black, Facelift, Type S Legnum, moon roof, mmcs..etc
Still undecided on Manual or Auto as it will mainly be used as a daily driver.

I owned a 1992 Aus Spec Galant vr4, it was a very very very fun car, but I down graded to a Toyota ae86 for more reserved fun times. I still have the ae86 but need a more.....adult? car as a daily.

Already found heaps of usefull infomation on these forums, I only hope in the future I can add to this already great knowledge base!

Sam

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That's a great choice of features, Sam - only thing is you might have difficulty finding one! There are very few black legnums around... and very few legnums with MMCS units... Finding a black one with moonroof and MMCS would be a killer combo, but nearly impossible to find - forgetabout it if you want manual as well!

Not that I'm saying you WON'T ever find such a combo... Just be aware that it could take six months to find an example like that ;)

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi Sam, Welcome to the site.

Enjoy looking for, and purchasing your car, it is a fun experience.

We have a few 4G63 VR-4 > 6A13TT VR-4 people on here, I always wanted one of the old ones, sounds like they were a very good car.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
G'Day Sam, you'll have to come down to a meet and see some in the flesh to really get an idea on what you want. Have you talked to a broker about what your looking for yet?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you see a black facelift with the sunroof, just get it. The mmcs isn't that great, it is nothing that an aftermarket double din unit can't do, plus it is in japanese and is incompatible with aussie sat nav, and is in NTSC only

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome Sam!

The auto is supposed to be almost as fast as the manual, but the thing that swayed me towards manual was if anything ever goes wrong, cost of an overhaul (auto > manual :p).

amulday

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sam
Drive
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Siliconangel - I'm prepared to wait as I already have a car to fang around in, after looking into it abit more and the mmcs info on this site I might skip on the mmcs after all

Hawks - The older vr4 are weapons!!

snickells - I'd love to mate, I'm in Melbourne a fair bit when I'm not away for work, I'll keep my eye out when you guys are having carwash meets or cruises, If I'm back I'd love to come along.

bradc - hahaha thanks for that, I was going to purchase an aftermarket lcd loaded with gps if the mmcs didn't work out, looks like it'll just be a black facelift, moonroof then :D

boganbob - Yeah I've taken that into consideration, I'm open to either, I was looking at an auto due to my current manual basically being setup for track use only, no good with day to day driving. Auto would be nice, heard they are a fair bit cheaper as well, not that it's a huge concern.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
auto's are cheaper to buy and easier to find, but they are very troublesome if they haven't been serviced properly.

The stock clutch is very soft and very light, even a beginner with manual cars could get used to one very quickly.

amulday

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sam
Drive
bradc - haha I'm not a complete noob when it comes to clutches, currently I have a full ceramic clutch in my ae86 which is a whole lot of fun if i'm giving it some around the twisties around here but it's shit from day to day driving

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I think Brad's point was the stock clutch isn't painful to drive, unlike heavy-duty race clutches.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
welcome to the fourm, stick to your guns and wait for the perfect Legnum to come up. It might take a while but you will get one eventually

G

Unregistered
When you find one, we will have to do another Heathcote event, will be ready for another one by then.

amulday

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sam
Drive
J-B - That's the plan, I don't want to rush it, I'd rather wait a year for the right car to come along.

jmo - definitely, Don't think I'll run though, never ran with my 92' VR4, straight lines don't interest me much, Don't mind coming along for a club meet and watching though!

G

Unregistered
Drag's Don't get my pants that tight either, But it is still lots of fun seeing what your car will pull. But you better come, it is stuff all distance from Heathcote to Bendigo

amulday

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sam
Drive
jmo - Nah nothing at all, like 20 minutes.

VR-04-TT - Thanks mate! :D

Top Bottom