HID's giving me the Brad Pitts!!

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
If you are thinking about forking out money for HIDs, why not just keep your standard lights in and drive around with them on high beam all the time. It is the same effect.

Really, you must need to get glasses or just must have really really bad reactions if you need more light over the standard ones. Just really another form of rice, but one that really impresses no one.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I'm wanting deep purple for my fog lights and sticking to normal white/blue tint globes for my headlights..

The purple foglights are for the wank factor, I don't often use my foggies anyway haha..

But at $180 for a kit, think I'll wait a while lol

G

Unregistered
The "K" rating on the globes is a COLOUR or TEMPERATURE rating not a indication of the amount of light they give off.

Yes this is correct, colour temperature is measured in Kelvins, aka degrees Kelvin. It's a measurement of how 'warm' or 'cool' the light is. Cooler colours (more blue) give the appearance of being a brighter light even though they really may not be.

A problem occurs when you use lights with too much blue. While they look pretty, your visibility will actually be reduced and objects will become blurry or fuzzy. This is because blue is pretty much the shortest wavelength of visible light, so it's quite difficult for our eyes to see.

Some good info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I had 8000k's on my Mazda, I couldn't see too much in real bad weather.. They looked good but that was it.. Quite inpractical in the end..

4300-6000k would be much better for uhh, practical reasons if you will..

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Anyone got any idea of the cost to get them removed and have the standard lights refitted and adjusted. Rewiring will be required.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Anyone got any idea of the cost to get them removed and have the standard lights refitted and adjusted. Rewiring will be required.

I don't want to find out.... Could probably do it myself, if i could be bothered haha

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
you DON'T have extra light, you think you do ..

The same can be said for the blue globe effect that used to be cool a couple years ago.

np; I'm pretty surprised and disappointed at how many people here 'don't care' about other drivers.
I would suggest you should start to care when another car is coming towards you at a 200kph combined speed, knowing that there will be nothing other than a few inches of air seperating your vehicles - and you've just blinded them with your wanker arrogance.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Found interesting "Angel Eyes headlights" for european Galant models:

http://www.showoffimports.nl/product.php?productid=32749&cat=315

e09c0e1392a0bc20d88f8a4465b743a2.jpg

Would they fit our VR-4's?

G

Unregistered
going by those images i would no. the shape is completely different, however the very bottom one is kinda similar.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, Steve - I think they're VERY likely to fit, Tom. If they say they're for a '99-'03 galant, even though there were a range of different models, all the mounting points are the same between them and the guards and radiator support panel are the same shape.

The only thing that might be different is the mounting holes for the VR4 grille, but from those photos I think they're in the right places (going from memory).

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
You would also have to check with the seller to see if the projectors are designed for LHD cars or RHD cars, the spread of light differ between left and right.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Just got a message back from the seller:

It is for LHD and 99-03 is the period for American Galant. Manufacturer is a US company. So I don't know why they sell headlights for american models in the Netherlands, when they are different (looks more like a Magna then a Galant) to the European models... Good luck with the sale!

@Trevor:

The only thing that might be different is the mounting holes for the VR4 grille, but from those photos I think they're in the right places (going from memory).

100% agree!!!

Top Bottom