High Flowing the TD03

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
That 5 bar would be on the diesel that revs only revs to 2500rpm and is 1ltr capacity lol

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Honestly while it may or may not handle 5 bar. I do laugh a little when people say a small turbo can't produce pressure. Usually a smaller faster spinning wheel will produce more pressure (albeit at much less flow) than a larger slower spinning ( similar tip speed) wheel.
They may be talking absolute pressure as well so really 4 bar in the way we talk about boost.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Will these fit our turbos?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kinugawa..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ce1c5ebc&_uhb=1

I know they are 7G, not 7T.

For $75 it could be worth trying out.

Will it fit? Maybe... More important question you should ask yourself - is it worth investing a potential $1000 into (I assume you will rebuild both turbo's and have them balanced properly) a compressor wheel when you have no idea what the compressor map actually looks like?

haha maximum boost 5 bar/70psi
I think thats a bit optimistic for a TD03..

All the number says is the that wheel has a good chance of exploding above 70 psi operating pressure. Most compressor wheels get that rating - nowhere does it say what the wheel is capable of pushing...

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
wow. was just taking the piss. settle guys

yeah most billet compressor wheels are good for stupid pressure ratios, most that the turbo will never actually see

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I've had sooooo many people ask me this. I've posted all the info I have in my build thread.

So again, I used the oem turbo with a 12t compressor which delivers 30% more flow. The compressor housing & the backing plate were machined out to fit the wheel.
You will. Need to determine if you have a superback wheel or not, this will determine which compressor wheel you need to get.

ANY turbo shop can do this, it's their job.

Mine were done in Taiwan by Eiji from Kinagawa. I believe he is no longer there, but that's irrelevant. So I don't know exactly which wheel he used. It's not hard to work out though, I've posted the link to the wheel I'm 99% sure he used previously.
But mine has a 38mm inducer and 48mm exducer, from memory, the Volvo S40 12t has a 37.9/49, it's available in cast or billet. That maybe too large. But ring write, tell them what you want, let them search for you. It's not hard.

He screwed it up due completing one turbo then 8-9 months delay before completing the next. Clearly he lost my turbo and used something very similar which is why I had to do further work here in Aus.

The engine is still not in the car, shit happens, I have other priorities, the engine is a distant 27th on my list. I did have the engine scheduled to go in last year, but my mechanic didn't come to the party. The money has been spent on other things.

So now we wait again, not normally how I do things but family comes first.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
I've had sooooo many people ask me this. I've posted all the info I have in my build thread.

So again, I used the oem turbo with a 12t compressor which delivers 30% more flow. The compressor housing & the backing plate were machined out to fit the wheel.
You will. Need to determine if you have a superback wheel or not, this will determine which compressor wheel you need to get.

ANY turbo shop can do this, it's their job.

Mine were done in Taiwan by Eiji from Kinagawa. I believe he is no longer there, but that's irrelevant. So I don't know exactly which wheel he used. It's not hard to work out though, I've posted the link to the wheel I'm 99% sure he used previously.
But mine has a 38mm inducer and 48mm exducer, from memory, the Volvo S40 12t has a 37.9/49, it's available in cast or billet. That maybe too large. But ring write, tell them what you want, let them search for you. It's not hard.

He screwed it up due completing one turbo then 8-9 months delay before completing the next. Clearly he lost my turbo and used something very similar which is why I had to do further work here in Aus.

The engine is still not in the car, shit happens, I have other priorities, the engine is a distant 27th on my list. I did have the engine scheduled to go in last year, but my mechanic didn't come to the party. The money has been spent on other things.

So now we wait again, not normally how I do things but family comes first.

I am sorry I still not clear on somethings, did eiji working on stock your TD03 CHRA and take the turbine and compressor wheel from other CHRA or is it completely different CHRA thas has 38mm inducer and 48mm exducer? if its completely different CHRA then what kinda CHRA it is? any modification on hot side or exhaust turbine wheel? or just left stock? BTW stock compressor wheel has 31mm inducer and 44 mm exducer and turbin wheel has exducer 39 mm and inducer 34mm.. thankls for reply

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I am sorry I still not clear on somethings, did eiji working on stock your TD03 CHRA and take the turbine and compressor wheel from other CHRA or is it completely different CHRA thas has 38mm inducer and 48mm exducer? if its completely different CHRA then what kinda CHRA it is? any modification on hot side or exhaust turbine wheel? or just left stock? BTW stock compressor wheel has 31mm inducer and 44 mm exducer and turbin wheel has exducer 39 mm and inducer 34mm.. thankls for reply

Only the compressor side was changed and machined to suit the larger wheel. Stock CHRA. Turbine not changed.
Here is a picture of the compressor side
12T.jpg

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
It looks fine but keep in mind this will flow more air than mine as it's the extended tips version. I used the cast wheel.
Also you need to Find out if your turbos have super-back compressor or not.

Okay, what kinda compressor wheel kinugawa choose for you? is it taken from S40? also I am going to use 38/48 super back compressor wheel on stock TD03 CHRA. is it will fit? I dont know the difference between superback or flatback compressor wheel and what the relation with STOCK CHRA. is it stock TD03 use superback compressor wheel? could you please tell me?

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
I just realize the ebay link has extended tip. too large for compressor housing I guess. do you know which compressor billet taken by eiji for you? I am keen on this up grade but I dont know where to get compressor wheel like you

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
It looks fine but keep in mind this will flow more air than mine as it's the extended tips version. I used the cast wheel.
Also you need to Find out if your turbos have super-back compressor or not.

Hi simon, have you tried your hi flow turbo on your car? how does it feel? any turbo lag? any effect on hi rpm?

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
No mid to late September it should be in and running

happy to hear that, I will rebuld my engine next week. arp bolt, cp piston, prism rod are in. havent decide which turbo turbin blade i am going to use, 11 blade from bmw or stay stock. i am still waiting for repair kit come to me though. Have you ever discus the turbin wheel selection with eiji/kinugawa?

Top Bottom