High Vis Dash/Cluster conversion

G

Unregistered
Can the crappy lancer spec dashes be swapped out and a high vis dash put in its place?

I'm looking at Type V facelift, and the biggest thing that is stopping me is the very ordinary pov spec dash.

Cheers

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I am looking into this myself. I have an ST-R which comes with the stock dash, and 2 spare hi-vis dashes. Hopefully I will get some time in the weekend to install a hi-vis dash into it and see what happens.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL @ 'see what happens'. What do you expect, Brad? Your car to suddenly turn into an Autobot and do the wild thing with a passing Ferarri? ;)

G

Unregistered
A fall back is..

http://www.rdash.com.tw/rdash/product_el.php

They product listing specs a Galant, with 180km/h dash and 9000RPM tacho, so I assume some of these will fit in. It's no OEM high vis dash, but better than the stock deal.

rrwb4.jpg

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I love the stock dash on my type-V, its freaking bright and I never have any problems reading whats going on.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
...or the ones on the Super VR-4's with the purplish glow added amongst the white numbers on the high-vis dash. Remember when this was mentioned, I went "wtf? you mean it's a feature and they don't normally look like this?"

G

Unregistered
...or the ones on the Super VR-4's with the purplish glow added amongst the white numbers on the high-vis dash. Remember when this was mentioned, I went "wtf? you mean it's a feature and they don't normally look like this?"

you'd think they would make it red to go with every other thing in the car they made red!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah thats a completely useless dash for you!

contact psbarham or caishanvr4 on clubvr4, they've both installed that style of dash in their car.

G

Unregistered
I have no idea what car that dash came from, its just an example from the web site. Only chosen because its the less ricer of the lot and is similar to the high vis dash :) It would be complete luck if that is a galant/legnum related cluster lol.

The actual relevant cluster backlight would be...
MIGAL9803180-9-AM-JP
GALANT
98~03
JAPAN
AT / MT
180 KMH
RPM-9000

The numbers match up ok.

If its been done then one would fit from somewhere :)

Might for for this one:
flame.gif

Fully sik! Hektik! etc etc

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
id have to agree with that, but i wonder what it would look like from outside the car??? lolz

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
lol, i don't really like those gauges but it gives me ideas, now i want like red dials with that ocean mist thingy in the background from windows media player, lolz, wonder what that would look like

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey guys

Did the dash conversion to high vis ever get completed. And was there a write up on it somewhere

Regards

Gavin

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
I thought process was, buy high-vis, remove dud style guages, plug in high vis. Drive away.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
soooo just remove the old dash (type-v dash) and the hi vis one just plugs in? :001_huh:

Fraid not... need to solder a pair of pins together on the back for the extra power feed (pins 4+5 if I remember correctly)... let me pull the spare one out of the shed tomorrow and check, else search around here.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Fraid not... need to solder a pair of pins together on the back for the extra power feed (pins 4+5 if I remember correctly)... let me pull the spare one out of the shed tomorrow and check, else search around here.

pin 4&5 is correct :)

Top Bottom