Highest Car Mileage..

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
There was an import SV21 Camry (2 litre V6) in Melbourne a few years ago that was up to over 1 million kms & still going strong. Was on its second engine & gearbox. I remember being told about it when Dad picked up his (pimp car BTW - 1989 model and had a power rear venetian blind!).

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
There was an import SV21 Camry (2 litre V6) in Melbourne a few years ago that was up to over 1 million kms & still going strong. Was on its second engine & gearbox. I remember being told about it when Dad picked up his (pimp car BTW - 1989 model and had a power rear venetian blind!).

I havent seen one of those for sooo long.

And yes , Pimp as ****

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
From memory I think the original engine lasted 7-800,000 kms. Still pretty impressive...

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
My grandparents old Pug 505 (which is now dead) managed to go round the clock once and it showed 550,000km when it died, so it did 1,550,000. That included going all the way round Australia like 4 times, the little 2.0 4cyl in it was unbreakable until I got a hold of it on my red p's. Don't think the engine was ever changed, although i highly doubt the original auto trans would last that many k's.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
There is someone in the UK who has a 1999 or so subaru with over 800,000 kms on the orginal engine and gearbox.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
the little 2.0 4cyl in it was unbreakable until I got a hold of it on my red p's

They have yet to build an engine that can regularly take the P plater's punishment.

*Gemini motors don't count*

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
So how do they know that it's done 2.6million k's? Like to "certify" it

Pretty impressive!

G

Unregistered
my daily drive, a '93 camry executive wagon...is currently sitting at 328,600kms on the original motor and auto trans, and still driving like its brand new. its in pristine condition inside and out with just a small amount of paint fade on the bonnet.

im the 3rd owner and both previous lady owners were over 55 hehe.

they are mostly hwy kms though from the lady i bought it off.

i have also a 100% full service history for from day 1 of purchase (including the purchase docs!)...even EFTPOS receipts for wiper blade changes lol.

Sloth

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mike
Drive
Galant VR4, Legnum VR4
I used to service an old Magna (Astron engine), that finally died at 996,000km. No major work, just servicing every 20000k.

To put that distance into some sort of perspective, it's like he drove to the moon for a party, drove home afterwards. Realised he left something at the party, drove back to the moon, then drove home again (but the car died at the end of his street!)!

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1996 VRG Galant->1996 Galant VR4->2002 Galant GLS->1998 Galant VR4
how long should vr4 engines last? with moderate driving and the ocasional boosting?

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
how long should vr4 engines last? with moderate driving and the ocasional boosting?

A member on ClubVR4 (NutterJohn) did approximately 300 000km @ 1 bar and it is still going apparentl, (someone else owns it now).

That is the highest VR-4 mileage that I know of.

Top Bottom