How long are you all planning to keep your VR-4's for?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Me, i'd like to keep mine for at least 5 years.
It's done 139,000km's so perhaps a low km replacement engine in a few years time. I want to hang on to mine for a long long time to come and i only want to upgrade when the next Galant VR-4 is out ;)

How about you guys?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
We'll keep one for at least 4 to 5 years. Then I'm gonna go for a EVO. Well maybe.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Until it's sold... the white one lol. purple one until i'm either sick of it or need a different car for work

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I plan to keep mine for at least a year or two... my first cars I owned them all for 3+ years (even had 1 car for 6 years!) but over the last couple of years I seem to change cars every 6 months! LOL. The legnum I like a lot though, and unless I get a Liberty GT through work (novated lease) the legnum will stay...

Then again, even if I do get a Liberty GT, the wife MAY want to keep the legnum ;)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'll have mine for at least 3 years I'd say, unless I move back in NZ, in which case I'll sell my one here and buy 3 over there :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The longest i've owned a car was 18 months.... And i'm halfway there with the leggy....

Hopefully i'll keep the VR-4 longer than that!!! Its yet to be modded :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Had Legnums since 2003 and the VR-4 since May 2005, don't really see myself changing unless RS6 wagons come down in price!

Can anyone think of another 6+ cylinder turbo 4wd wagon that doesn't look like a Box (stag)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Geez you guys are fickle... 3 years is all you got?

I kept my Astina in good shape for the last 11 of its 18 years. I hope its new owner treats it as well!

I don't plan to sell the Legnum for many years...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I'll keep it for as long as it lives :D And I plan on it living for a long time! I'll just replace/rebuild the motor when it comes time

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
When crap starts happening to mine then I'll get another one; put the old one in the shed and rebuild it from the ground up and have it purely as a track car.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Not sure really. I love the legnum for it practicality, go fast and uniqueness, but am am beginning to think i should have something 2 door and reckless while i am younger and can do that sort of thing, to hell with practicality :p

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I will keep it as a fun car for later on. I am doing a career change so if everything goes well i will be driving my dream car in 2 or 3 years ( BMW M3). God help me..

G

Unregistered
Ummm.... I still have no idea! Like Brad, I've had Galants of one flavour or another since 2003 and I've had my VR-4 since 2005. Generally though the Legnum doesn't get used much and normally we have another car for the daily stuff, which I must admit is one of the reasons I've kept the Legnum as long as this.

G

Unregistered
I'm the same a Kieran in having another car to use as the daily drive and generally keep my cars for a long time especially the Legnum.

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
i'll proberly keep this 1 for a few years then hopefully get a facelift when they become 10 years old

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Facelifts are already 10 years old, they started making them in August 1998

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
oh ok.... not many getting over here yet exsept for the ralliart ones. and i'll still have to keep mine a bit longer to get the funds to get one

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
I probably keep it for as long as i can. prpbably give it to my boys when they grow up and they can start to learn how to look after the car.

Adrian

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 VR4 Legnum
Im gonna keep mine for a few years hope to get it to where i want it by early next year then its all attention on the RX7 track car, so will probably be a while till i can afford another car :)

Top Bottom