How many galants/legnums in Adelaide?

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Is there a way to find out? I saw someone type there's only about 30 or so/ If that's true there's even less galants am I right?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
The biggest meet up we've had was probably back in 2011. I think we got a combination of just over 30 Legnums and Galants. However the Legnums out numbered the Galants by about 4:1.

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
Maybe 25 all up? It's hard to say. A lot of the original owners who were active in the scene moved onto evos and the such... And the new owners arnt active in any scene (or acknowledge other vr4 owners out and about).

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Maybe 25 all up? It's hard to say. A lot of the original owners who were active in the scene moved onto evos and the such... And the new owners arnt active in any scene (or acknowledge other vr4 owners out and about).
I'm pretty new, and I acknowledge other vr4 drivers also jumped on this forum the day I got it. But I do understand what you mean. Hopefully we get at least half the vr4s on the 12th then. :D

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
Its only been the last couple years that I've noticed these second - third gen owners who seem completely oblivious to other VR4 drivers on the road. Most others are friendly (and you'll quickly get to know the locals in your area).

Jon @ driven used to / still does service most of the VR4s up the Northern side of town, and the VR4 meet ups over time became Vr4/Evo meet ups, then sorta became the first Driven Motorsport meet ups and cruises, and now those have expanded to include his entire customer base.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
The 1st driven meet was good :) alot of us in vr4's . Then a little less vr4 and more evo on the milang driven cruise...

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
A personal favourite of mine was the boxing day meet up and cruise starting at the TTP maccas carpark.
Perfect number of people - good mates, nice cars, and with only one dick head... a bogan flexing around the carpark in his XR6 Turbo, trying to show off and make a scene.
The jap car gods must have been smiling that day, because I'll never forget the moment Mr XR6 started to peel outta the carpark onto the main road...WOT .. tyres screaming... before suddenly.. *BANG*

Cue ~30 of us turning around just in time to witness the final dying limps of this XR6, as it left chunks of rods, piston heads and all of its oil on the road behind it.... The owner desperately trying to roll as far away as possible, only to come to a complete dead stop just meters away from our entire group looking on.

Poor kid just sat in his car for ages... but we made sure to cruise past nice and slow on our way out.

Bigfoot

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kenny
Drive
Legnum
And that lovely helpful police officer who was ever so considerate to check the entire car for any other...damage..

Top Bottom