how quick are you

G

Unregistered
Don't know about it Kieran... but over here, in Russia, times are way better even for stock VR-4s :) May be it's due to the climate? Less wind and rain... whatever... ;)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Remember your reaction time for takeoff will never be perfect, and some people will lag more than half a second after they get the green light before their car is moving. Depends on how experienced they are, how well they know that individual car, even how old they are (younger people have better reaction times, but they have less experience) just as much as how 'good' their driving is.

Reaction times are not recorded at street meets. You just go when you want to and the time starts when your car breaks the beam with the front wheels. Reaction times are only used when there is a major meet on, with proper drag (not street) cars.

At the street meets in Sydney, they have a prize for the quickest reaction time, if you are ito that kind of thing (but again, it is not added on to your times)

Anyway, enough chat, get out there everybody and run some numbers !! :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah the off street drags at WSID they don't count reaction time into your 1/4 mile. If they did...my times would've been shocking lol

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Ryan - thats what I never drive in auto! You can always reverse the tip change though if you want to. Just swap over 2 cables and you make - equal to + and + equal to -

Now Brad that would be very useful. It seems so unnatural to move the gear selector forward to go from 1 to 2. That said though, I've prolly got so used to it by now that if i had to change it... :p

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Don't know about it Kieran... but over here, in Russia, times are way better even for stock VR-4s :) May be it's due to the climate? Less wind and rain... whatever... ;)

I'd put money on the fact that climate does have a role to play. From past experience, cars raced in Johannesburg record times significantly slower than ones raced at say Durban or Cape Town which are at sea level.

This is because Jhb falls nicely into the "hot and high" category at nearly 5500ft above sea-level. (and also the reason why runway 03L/21R at the airport is over 4000m long!!)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Increased air pressure will increase the amount of air into your engine, automatically helping the turbos - imagine decreased air pressure (at higher altitudes) like winding the boost WAAAY down... The engine is being starved of oxygen.

Turbo cars obviously perform better with cooler air (duh) so decreased air temperatures can give you a noticable performance gain, while hotter temps will hinder the cars (can you say 40 degree Perth summer days? :()

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Now Brad that would be very useful. It seems so unnatural to move the gear selector forward to go from 1 to 2. That said though, I've prolly got so used to it by now that if i had to change it... :p

I am happy with pushing forward to change up, it's the way the drag shifter was in my Torana, it had a fully manualised auto, so you had to change gears yourself (and with 400+ horsepower, you kept your foot floored and smacked the lever for instant burnouts & fishtails :))

G

Unregistered
VR-4 over here run anywhere from 14.6 to 13.5 in a "stock" or "almost stock" cars...

PS: At around +18+22 С

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
I am happy with pushing forward to change up, it's the way the drag shifter was in my Torana, it had a fully manualised auto, so you had to change gears yourself (and with 400+ horsepower, you kept your foot floored and smacked the lever for instant burnouts & fishtails :))

I was going to ask what a Holden Torana was but found a good pic on Wikipedia :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Holden_LX_A9X_Front.jpg

Quite an interesting looking car, looks kinda like a... I think it's a Dodge or something from the front

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
They are the drag car/muscle car of choice if you are into old Holdens in Australia. I have had a couple and will probably have another one before I die.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I was going to ask what a Holden Torana was
Haha its surreal hearing someone ask a question like that... Obviously for non-Australians its a no-brainer, but its just weird the way we associate things we're used to... To me Torana's are as ubiquitous as Weet Bix ;) :p

happyvr4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Charandeep
Drive
Mitsubishi legnum VR4
I went for a test run to check my 0-100 times with a g-tech today. First run, no launching I got 6 secs. I tried again with foot on brake and revs up to approx 2000-2500 and got 5.63s.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Ive done a 14.496 @ 93.16 in a std prefacelift auto launching @ 3000 rpm.... but now have a facelift ecu in it so would expect to get a faster time when i get back on the strip... :D

G

Unregistered
Ive done a 14.496 @ 93.16 in a std prefacelift auto launching @ 3000 rpm.... but now have a facelift ecu in it so would expect to get a faster time when i get back on the strip... :D

Zoiks! That's a great time!:eek:

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Sorry never saw this thread first time around - manual PFL Galant bog stock with 98 octane and a bottle of octane booster 13.96 :) can't remember the MPH sorry.

That was launching at 6000rpm - only did it once...

Top Bottom