Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I think I left bits of the clutch all over the ground lol

I'm not surprised.

Once saw the results of some guy launching his Skyline at 7000 RPM. What a mess. It wasn't pretty. I would have hated to get is repair bill. :wanker:

G

Unregistered
lol. ive done two gearboxes and 3 driveshafts in my awd converted sss pulsar doing hard launches.
i did 1 driveshaft, then had an increase in power from mods that i had done (47kw more) and did another 2...then my stock clutch died so i upgraded to a 6puck clutch with a 1200lb pressure prate and blew 1st gear all over the road out the back after a 6k rpm launch....then 2 months later i did 2nd gear (on the new box) with a 5k rpm launch but this was the best of the two as i smashed a nice hole in the transfer case as well! :p

so now another 2nd hand box is in there and im saving for a PPG gearset and front lsd

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
one of the best things about my GSR lancer 1.8turbo 4wd was that I could do 5-6k launches quite regularly. Had the car for 3 years and no apparant damage to the gearbox or clutch!

G

Unregistered
yeah, the evo/gsr drivetrain is a little stronger than a gtir awd system :p

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I agree, mitsi gearboxes are unbreakable in my experience!!

I had a Cordia with the 12V dash 2L engine, modded ECU, 18psi & 190 killer wasps atw. Thrashed quite regularly & never had any probs. I also know of guys with the VR4 conv and the stock cordia box & also had no probs.:D

I understand its different though in FWD, but same deal as above in my 6G VR4; that thing could take anything I threw at it!!:eek:

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Sorry Matty,

Got of topic then...

Did a 15.8 in 6G Galant VR4 auto:rolleyes:.

A bit hard to launch on the 4spd auto boxes.

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
i took my galant to the drags up here in Townsville on Saturday night in 30 degree heat on 9 psi( due to my blow off valve leaking pressure) and a clutch that wont let me do more than a 3000 rpm launch and ran a 15.0 at 95 mph. wasnt too upset with that, ill get my new blow off valve and put the boost up to 13-14 and then easily get into the 14s, and with a decent clutch i want a 14.0, thats my goal in winter when its cooler also

Top Bottom