How useful is a GReddy E-Manage unit?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Guys can we PLEASE try to give new threads descriptive titles? Calling this 'eManage' is pretty unhelpful. Rule-of-thumb is someone should be able to get a reasonable idea what the thread's about just by reading the title. Also, this is ALMOST a 'what to buy' thread, but I'll leave it in here as its asking questions as to the viability / usefulness of the unit.

As to your questions, I'll leave that to those with more experience to give their advice :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Sorry bout that....
Yeah I have seen discussion on other systems but just thinking for that price is the viability of the unit worthwhile

G

Unregistered
This depends on what your after in the long run ... the G-Reddy eManage Ultimate is prolly a better way to go ... Or look at the Haltech systems.
Depends on; Your budget, your expected future mods ...
Do u want to increase the boost too ? u might not want to have to buy a seperate EBC ? depending on your budget constraints right now ...
Don't buy something because its cheap if it doesn't give u what u want in the long run ... Best advice I can give !!!

G

Unregistered
The base emanage blue unit is a fantastic unit, and if you are just wanting cheap easy tuning no major mods it works fine. On par with the haltech miniceptor but without some of the more useful options.

Personally I would stay away from teh emanage ultimate, it was very buggy and for the cost to get it all working properly, I can do a better job with a Haltech E6X piggy back wire in job.

G

Unregistered
^^ agreed. im running the emanage blue unit in my turbo sss with a stand alone ebc attached to it and its running fine and installed/tuned beautifully. i would certainly consider another one if i wasnt going to go the full hog and go power fc or something.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
E-manage has come highly recommended to me by a close mate who does engine swaps and tuning. He's done a number of E-manage installs on a variety of cars and loves them, particularly for the price.

G

Unregistered
I run a blue emanage in my 202kw evo 2 and it works great... Thoroughly recommended.

Top Bottom